Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Y’all are slaying the dove this year.

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
Went dove hunting again tonight.
Got set up with thunder in the background.
Two birds flew in, one left.
One shot one kill. That was it. Don’t know where they all went but suspect the storm coming in had something to do with it.

Reactions: Kelulu

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Went dove hunting again tonight.
Got set up with thunder in the background.
Two birds flew in, one left.
One shot one kill. That was it. Don’t know where they all went but suspect the storm coming in had something to do with it.

I drove around 6 fields that had a lot of birds on them 2 days ago and this evening had very few. These fields have not been hunted yet this year and are loaded with crab grass that’s been brush hogged and scratched with a disc once. I poured this morning long enough to get a 1/2 inch of rain. While driving to look at these fields I did see a bunch of birds in groups of 3-6 either graveling, resting on high lines or just flying randomly like they had some place to be.
This cool front is probably making our resident birds start their move south. I don’t feel like the northern birds are here yet. What we shot Wednesday looked to local squabs. It seems like the 3rd week of season is when I usually see the big dove show up. They will be in big waves of birds and you can dang sure tell they have been shot at. Any little bit of movement and they are flaring off. Full camo is a must.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
Taking the 4 wheeler to the end of the waterway I saw two dozen dove on the high lines. They never flew my direction. Crazy considering there were 200 dove on that quarter two days ago.

Reactions: murphranch

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
Went out again today for a dove hunt.
5 birds for me.

Reactions: Kelulu and baby
21 - 29 of 29 Posts