Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 153 Posts

·
Administrator
15,415 Posts
Man, you did well! Love running jug lines. Lots of work, but it typically pays off in a couple of fish fries.

·
Administrator
15,415 Posts
I love Grand Lake. Incredible fishery along with a great boating experience. 20 some restaurants with boat slips to accommodate boaters along with tons of full service marinas.
We spent years doing weekends there in cabins fishing that lake.
Thought about retiring there with a lake home back in the day but looking at the real estate prices, a firm NO was in order.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Met a ups pilot once in Tulsa when I was younger and he asked me if I could take him there if we were close enough I laughed and told him no but there is a beautiful river I could show him just miles away. He goes on to tell me at some point in his life he flew over and thought the area was so nice he got on the internet and purchased a piece of property with a home on it when he returned to California and showed his dad pictures of the new property dad said that is beautiful and the pilot got back online and purchased his dad some property near his. He goes on to tell me that was years ago (I don’t remember how long) and all he has ever seen of it was the original photos. Maybe we should have been pilots!

·
Administrator
15,415 Posts
Went to lake Tanneycomo in Missouri last Sunday for our annual trout fishing trip.
As I did last year, focused on big trout vs numbers.
Did well, taking many rainbow in the 17” and up to a 20” which is my personal best for that specie.

14 points for the team plus another personal best catching the smallest rainbow ever in my fishing life which doesn’t meet the contest rules.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Shot a doe this morning thought I missed her but her front shoulder looked hit couldn’t find any blood finally figured I missed and went to the truck was telling the SIL and he said let’s take the side by side and check our corn. We head over to my side and was driving through the pasture and seen my doe laying out in the open 100 yards from where I quit looking coyote had already chewed on one hind quarter we loaded her up and my SIL said look! About 75 yards or so away a coyote was laying in the field with nothing but his ears sticking up that was his last bite of venison I forgot to get myself in the picture guess I can take one with the carcass
Cooking Motor vehicle Cuisine Gas Automotive exterior
Cooking Motor vehicle Cuisine Gas Automotive exterior

·
Administrator
15,415 Posts
Awesome taking the doe and the coyote!
Congrats!

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Went back out this morning and the buck my grandson calls freak came by shot and he run over the hill with his tail in the air I shook my head and went to reload put powder in and realized I forgot the bullets in the truck I just laughed and thought that’s my luck went to where he was no blood so I went to where he went over the hill and found him about 50 yards from where I shot him
Sky Deer Sunglasses Natural material Door
Sky Deer Sunglasses Natural material Door

·
Super Moderator
13,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Nice buck congrats!

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Administrator
15,415 Posts
Congrats on the freak buck!