Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Man, you did well! Love running jug lines. Lots of work, but it typically pays off in a couple of fish fries.

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
I love Grand Lake. Incredible fishery along with a great boating experience. 20 some restaurants with boat slips to accommodate boaters along with tons of full service marinas.
We spent years doing weekends there in cabins fishing that lake.
Thought about retiring there with a lake home back in the day but looking at the real estate prices, a firm NO was in order.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Met a ups pilot once in Tulsa when I was younger and he asked me if I could take him there if we were close enough I laughed and told him no but there is a beautiful river I could show him just miles away. He goes on to tell me at some point in his life he flew over and thought the area was so nice he got on the internet and purchased a piece of property with a home on it when he returned to California and showed his dad pictures of the new property dad said that is beautiful and the pilot got back online and purchased his dad some property near his. He goes on to tell me that was years ago (I don’t remember how long) and all he has ever seen of it was the original photos. Maybe we should have been pilots!

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Went to lake Tanneycomo in Missouri last Sunday for our annual trout fishing trip.
As I did last year, focused on big trout vs numbers.
Did well, taking many rainbow in the 17” and up to a 20” which is my personal best for that specie.

14 points for the team plus another personal best catching the smallest rainbow ever in my fishing life which doesn’t meet the contest rules.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts