Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Administrator
14,527 Posts
Mineral's, food and genetics all needed for big racked deer.

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Registered
500 Posts
I spent another 5 days hunting the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for Grouse and woodcock this past week. Such a great Grouse Camp this year. It's my 5th consecutive year at this camp and there have been tons of memories but this year's camp was full of stories we'll all tell for years. Drunken escapades, almost Yooper bar fights, the Grouse God of North Carolina and watering the two-track are just the ones safe to mention here.

We also shot some grouse (32 I think). I was responsible for 3 of those.

Plant Smile Leaf Tree People in nature
Outerwear Cloud Natural environment People in nature Sky
Hand Plant Organism Gesture Finger
Jeans Trousers Smile Wood Tree

·
Registered
215 Posts
Shot my first deer of the year Saturday afternoon. I was hunting with my middle son. The whole evening was a bit of a cluster. Climbed into the stand and my son wasn’t sure if he put one or two pellets into the muzzleloader. I’m not sure how the gun shots with just one in, so I shot the gun into the ground. We reloaded and settled in. I told my son that I didn’t think we’d see anything this evening. Of course 30 minutes later I decided to go into a coughing spout because I forgot how to drink water. He’s looking at me like, “really, I thought we were supposed to be quiet?” I said “ yup, definitely not seeing anything”. Then just before dark we decided to drop the reloads out of the stand, because, why not. We pick them up real quick and try to silence our laughter, just for him to get a bloody nose. While we’re shoving TP up his nose, I hear that sound we all love so much, the crunching of leafs heading our way. The deer came out in an area that he couldn’t see. He said “you better kill that deer”. This buck came in on the heels of two does. Not chasing, but not leaving them either. I shot him quartering to, and he went about 60 yards. Found a nice head while looking for him.

·
Administrator
14,527 Posts
Congrats on the buck! Kind of has a mule deer rack with the split G2's.
Nice pose for the deer as well.

Reactions: Kicker

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Sweet buck. Congrats on a great harvest.

Reactions: kwaynem and Kicker

·
Registered
500 Posts
It's gonna be a tough quail year 😭

8 coveys in 2.5 days of hunting my best covers. I'm not optimistic.

I killed another bobwhite quail yesterday. Failed to get a picture but I do have this....

·
Administrator
14,527 Posts
Congrats Lucky Stag!

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Congrats and that is a freak buck.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts