Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I can't take credit for points, but I left my dad my two box traps so he could play around with them and see if there were any more theives hanging around his backyard. He caught two more opossums last night. He's never been much of a hunter and certainly not a trapper but he's really starting to have fun with it. As a side note, neither of us can believe we've caught 5 opossums inside the fence of their backyard in 4 days. Just wow.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
Taking out the whole clan is about all you can do. 10-4 on the no awarding of points. Thanks for being honest about it.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Got a grinner in my bobcat trap. Dang it.

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
Fresh bait for a cat

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Got another nest robber

·
Administrator
14,684 Posts
Cool. Going over in the morning to reset my traps.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

Got another **** at the feeder

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Good job. Glad to see the fur is still looking good. I am gonna try to sneak in some more trapping before the season runs out.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Caught a big boar at the feeder. I also sprayed the legs of the feeder with no stick cooking spray to see if it will keep the ***** and squirrels from climbing the legs.

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Administrator
14,684 Posts
Nice!

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
Been working doubles and a new shift schedule so I'm behind. I'll get the points up.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Got a female at the feeder

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
FYI, the non stick cooking spray does not keep them from climbing the legs. Other that grease, which will get all over you when you go to fill up the feeder or change batteries. Anyone got any good ideas?

·
Administrator
14,684 Posts
FYI, the non stick cooking spray does not keep them from climbing the legs. Other that grease, which will get all over you when you go to fill up the feeder or change batteries. Anyone got any good ideas?
I've tried just about all of the home spun remedy's. The only two I've seen that actually work is creating an expanded metal cage around the spinner and bottom of the feeder. A lot of the corn just goes straight down, and not thrown out, but it sure keeps the ***** off it, and the deer from licking the spinner.
The other way is to make the legs longer and at an angle that is more vertical so they can't get a grip on the legs. Then you run into problems like mine where I have to stand on the sides of the bed to put buckets of corn into the feeder.
I'm not getting any younger, and that's not the safe way to do it, especially when your out in nowhere land by yourself with zero cell service to call for help.

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
What about rat run collars? Like you see on ship ropes? Similar to those anti scratch and lick things vets out on animals. Placing those on the legs.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.