Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
All I see are the pop up ice blinds here. I know in other northern states they build mini cabins to drag out on the ice. I think the laws here prevent those from being used. I do not have one but I’m sure I will in future seasons. I need a fish finder first and foremost.
Once you find a spot where they are biting, drop a pin on you maps.

Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Bull, I was wonder if you could use a pop up blind, guess you can.

·
Super Moderator
10,531 Posts
Bull, I was wonder if you could use a pop up blind, guess you can.
I have thought about that but my 1 & 2 man pop ups are both too small for ice fishing in. I’ve got a guy I met during fall bear season that’s huge into ice fishing and not only given me tons of pointers but has offered to loan me one of his ice pop ups for the season.

·
Super Moderator
10,531 Posts
Once you find a spot where they are biting, drop a pin on you maps.
Most ice fisherman here use flasher style finders. The high end scroll units have waypoint marking features. I’m sure I can use OnX and zoom way in and drop a pin should I find a hot spot.

·
Super Moderator
10,531 Posts
Baby and a merganser.

4CE77BCA-7712-4FDF-A3E8-805E62B35FE9.jpeg

Reactions: okbob and kwaynem

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Most ice fisherman here use flasher style finders. The high end scroll units have waypoint marking features. I’m sure I can use OnX and zoom way in and drop a pin should I find a hot spot.
I had a flasher in an older boat. I never could figure out how to read them. It didn't come with a book or anything and the internet wasn't around much.

Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Super Moderator
10,531 Posts
I had a flasher in an older boat. I never could figure out how to read them. It didn't come with a book or anything and the internet wasn't around much.
I’ve literally spent hours on YouTube and the net watching how-to, 101, for dummies videos on how to use them. Also spent lots of FaceTime calls with a few guys who have shown me how to use them. They are as basic or technical as you want them to be.

Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Super Moderator
10,531 Posts
Reactions: kwaynem and Kicker

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Reactions: kwaynem

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
As a side note:
My wife has ate deer as our only source of ground meat until I started elk hunting for almost 20 years. Since then has said she prefers elk. I took a deer in early January last year not knowing if I would take an elk in our mid January hunt.
The hunt was a success so I have a deer and an elk in the freezer.
We had deer burgers tonight unknown to her what protein we were having. No complaints.

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Happy Holiday doe!

·
Super Moderator
10,531 Posts
I was only razzing about the selfie lol. Shes dead now so it’s safe to say she had some fat on her.

·
Super Moderator
10,531 Posts
Congrats and nice pics.

Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Great pics! Congrats on the hunts!

61 - 80 of 105 Posts