Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
13,573 Posts
That would sure be a way to save brass without having to pick it up.

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
I believe Diggler runs a catch bag system on his hog slayers.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I do. It's a Tactical Brass Recovery unit, and it is awesome...albeit a bit pricey compared to just about any other setup. The advantage of a TBR unit is that it can easily swing out to clear a jam...something pretty necessary when you have hogs with cutters running around.

·
Administrator
13,573 Posts
If it's .223 brass I don't really care to pick it up. I have 5 gallon buckets of that brass, but retaining the other caliber expensive brass would be cool. This day and time you have collect that stuff if your reloading.

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
I do. It's a Tactical Brass Recovery unit, and it is awesome...albeit a bit pricey compared to just about any other setup. The advantage of a TBR unit is that it can easily swing out to clear a jam...something pretty necessary when you have hogs with cutters running around.
Aside from you reloading it I’m sure your main purpose is not to leave brass in the ranchers fields. No litter, no mess to keep good standing so you come on back again.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hahahaha...in a few hundred years, they are going to excavate my place for whatever living accommodations are around by that point...and they will find so much brass that by the time they bring the experts in to analyze everything there will be an hour long documentary on the unrecorded great battle of SE Oklahoma in the early 2000's.

I actually bought a brass catcher because replacing some of these harder to get cartridges is getting to be expensive.

Every landowner I deal with would gladly trade a dozen pieces of brass on the ground that they'll never find (if you could, I wouldn't need a brass catcher) for the pock marks to stop appearing across their pastures.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I run a brass catcher bag on my 6.8 but thing I'd like this set up. May have to speak to Santa about this and some 67 Camaro rear quarter panels.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I definitely like the price tag of the GOAT. I'm not sure how well it would hold up to the abuse I put on my hunting rigs though. I hope the company does well, but I'll let others be the guinea pig on this one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts