Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a funky buck here that has a tremendous rack in both height and width, but is basically a fork horn and looks somewhat ridiculous from the side.

I watched him and a good typical buck on the last day of bow season in January from about 225 yards from my house. Obviously he was out of range for my bow, so I let him (mostly the good typical) walk.

I've had a couple of photos of them this summer running together. The typical is getting to be darn impressive, he's only about 2" narrower and shorter than this brute...

...but I had the brute on camera last night on the entire opposite side of the ranch (that is over a mile from the last sighting)...and by himself this time. I guess they have split up.

I don't expect much of a chance outside of the rut and on a cold morning, but I'll be on the lookout for this guy this weekend when morning temps drop. My crossbow is itching for a buck.

Sky Wood Gesture Deer Art

Elk Deer Organism Fawn Reindeer

·
Administrator
14,362 Posts
That is a funky rack. Not much mass but makes up for it in length.

·
Super Moderator
11,399 Posts
Kill’m and grill’m!!!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really doubt I'll have much of a chance.

My core bucks are almost zero on this place after a summer of dogs. I do have does regularly at all three areas that I've got set up, but that means my window for anything with a rack is going to be extremely small.

Had a doe get chased by a camera yesterday morning by another dog. This is getting out of hand.

Seeing bucks like this just confirm that he's regularly probably a mile away...although I did get him on camera on the other side of the ranch during daylight about three weeks ago with his buddy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts