Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I follow these guys on YouTube as they test some great and less than great stuff. Mostly I like watching stuff explode when shot. This latest copper slug the “Gatekeeper” is probably the best slug I’ve seen. Watch for yourself and see. I can’t imagine what this would do to a hog or other big game animal. Self defense wise it would be a one and done for sure. I’d love to get my hands on some.

https://youtu.be/NynJOLt4eTY

Reactions: baby

·
Super Moderator
10,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Administrator
13,918 Posts
Looks like a great round. Pretty much 100% weight retained after firing. That would take any animal in North America and most dangerous game around the world if within range.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
That's a great looking round for an under the bed 12ga shot gun.

Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Super Moderator
10,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m being told they are on a 6 month back order right now.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Wonder what choke they recommend firing them thru. I'm guessing that they don't want ya using any kind of rifling.

·
Super Moderator
10,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wonder what choke they recommend firing them thru. I'm guessing that they don't want ya using any kind of rifling.
A straight smooth bore with cylinder choke was used for the making of the video. They did make statements about how accurate it was with a smooth bore and cylinder so they didn’t even test a rifled choke or even a rifled barrel. IMO rifling may only improve the long range distance/ accuracy of it. I’m betting they do another video testing it with rifling.

Reactions: Bird (this time)

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Why no rifling?
I would guess (and it's just a guess) that the spinning would tend to break off petals of the slug when it enters the target. I could be wrong.

Thanks for the info Bull!

Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Super Moderator
10,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where did you find out about it?
There was a link in the comment section of the video to the actual company and on their website they had a six month backlog notice.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Great...necrothread and spam all wrapped up into one by "some-pud-her-patela".

Bullbuster...you shot anything with one of those slugs yet?

·
Super Moderator
10,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great...necrothread and spam all wrapped up into one by "some-pud-her-patela".

Bullbuster...you shot anything with one of those slugs yet?
Nope and last time I tried to get my hands on some they were out of stock. I can’t imagine that status has change any.
I did however delete/ kill his spam link. Will see what happens next....may kill an IP and username lol

·
Administrator
13,918 Posts
Nope and last time I tried to get my hands on some they were out of stock. I can’t imagine that status has change any.
I did however delete/ kill his spam link. Will see what happens next....may kill an IP and username lol
I deleted spam links in a necro thread yesterday. They post on here, and come back a month or so later to edit and add spam.

·
Super Moderator
10,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I deleted spam links in a necro thread yesterday. They post on here, and come back a month or so later to edit and add spam.
Been watching a few new profiles for that exact same thing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts