Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I meet a new friend this weekend & had a blast guiding Farmboy around for a turkey.
Well the wind was up on Saturday morning & the turkeys used the tree line to sneak on by us.
We did see around 100 hogs nomore then 100 yards out & as close as 30 feet.

Sunday morning the action was hot.We had lots of gobbles from all over the valley & the mountains.
Try'ed a few different things to seal a deal on at least 1...It just didn't work for us.

Here is a photo, Farmboy took from where we hunted this weekend.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Nope, no turkey for me, but I did make new friends and got to see some pretty country. I don't remember a hunt ever where I saw the variety of big game that I saw this weekend.

That wasnt the only pic I took!! ;D ;D

Check out the Paris Hilton shades!! ;D :eek:

·
Registered
381 Posts
That 400 acres had a nice 4x4 on it that was out about 100 yards after shooting time. I'll be going back for him ;D And the whole place was rooted up on one side from lots of Pig's,I'll get a call when there back in the area next season,I guess there there in the Fall???
Greg

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thats some Nice land your buddy has there Craig.
Me

·
Administrator
14,362 Posts
Even though you guys didn't score, it sounds like you had a really great hunting experience. Thats what its all about for me. ;) ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We sure had a blast.
I just about threw everything in the book @ um & still....The Turkeys got the best of us.

Greg, thanks. He sure has some of the best views around & land rich in wildlife.
We seen Bison,Elk,Deer,Hogs,Longhorn & Turkeys over the weekend.

Farmboy, I was wounder'n when ya were gonna post that photo. ??? :D :D
It was nice to finaly meet ya,& do some hunting together...Look forward to having down in Sept for Dove.

Gauge

·
Registered
381 Posts
Those shades are you Boy ;D
HEHEHE
Me

·
Registered
451 Posts
Gauge ~ You knew I would post that soon as I found a good spot ;D ;D ;D

It was good to meet yall too, I had a BLAST!!! I be there in Sept. if possible.

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
I'll second that Farmboy, when you make a trip down to the SW Okla, you're gonna see something that makes you go WOW! Guess them Turkels saw those shades and had to sneak away and giggle!

Gauge, tell the lil woman I sez Howdy!

·
Registered
381 Posts
LMAO :D :D :D :D :D
Greg

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bird, I sure will.

Farmboy, You got my better side too. :D :D ;D
Ya got to get back here in Sept if possable...Dove action is unreal.

Ya'all that have been out here to S.W. OK for a G.T. know your in for a good time.

Gauge

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
Looking forward to Sept now that turkey season is over. Looong dry spell ahead but the fishing is heating up.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know. It's a long 4 months away.
I'll see ya in Sept for some good Ole'- Dove - Blasting.

Hope to see ya sometime this Summer [ Bird ] if all go's well. We got a steak to go eat.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Ah dove season..I so look forward to that..:) Been way to damn long since I was in the field for some hunting..Good news is engine is ordered so I should be back up and running next week..:)

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okchunter~ look forward to having ya back this dove season.
It's good to hear you will have your Jeep up & running soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts