Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may be a few days before the guys in the southern part of the state see it, but its on in the NC.

I went down my driveway to work this morning, and two nice bucks were standing on the side of the road. They just stood there and as I drove past them I saw the does just beyond.
Later in the day I was driving a company truck and saw a 8 point get up off his bed and just stand there. I'm thinking a doe that I couldn't see was in the area.

This is the time you have to stay in the stand all day. The bucks are moving and the ones that never move in the daylight will be stupid and give one a shot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
when I was hunting cookson today while eatin lunch at the truck, I seen a nice 8 point and a spike after the same doe. only thing I seen all day there. u think after 11 hours hunting u would see something.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a tough place to hunt.

·
Registered
31 Posts
well I say it now I will never put in for there again. eceryone always told me okmulgee didn't have any deer on it everytime I go there I see a nice buck. I got the record for the biggest buck taken off of there. a 18 point that scored 165 1/2 in

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I say it now I will never put in for there again. eceryone always told me okmulgee didn't have any deer on it everytime I go there I see a nice buck. I got the record for the biggest buck taken off of there. a 18 point that scored 165 1/2 in
Nice buck!
I went out this morning with the crossbow, and saw several deer in the 40 mph winds, but all were does being chased by small bucks. Had one 2 1/2 yr old 8 point come by with his nose down. Went out this evening at another place on the River, and didn't see any deer. Somebody was shooting about 1/2 mile away. Sounded like a shotgun to me. Is there a duck season still on? Saw a skunk, possum, and 16 jakes and hen turkeys. Had them at about 7 yards, and let them all walk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.