Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who all has been doin their preseason scouting and such for this fall?? Any good bucks on your hit list?? Also dove season is a couple days off, who plans on getting out and getting their limit?

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
I'm pumped up for the start of the season will be working instead. May head out for some over the holiday weekend.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
I've been putting in food plots this weekend, and have seen tons of dove....all on the neighbors. :'(

I threw a bag of corn out the other day, and put a trail cam on it. I'll have to pick it up tomorrow and see whats on the pics.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Dove,never missed a season for 32 years now. ;)
Will be going out tomarrow to scout for set up come Wednesday morning.
See another good season just with what doves are here by the house.

Ducks & Geese- done deal for multiple locations.

Deer- just hit the woods & get back far in for the morning & not but 75yards away from the truck for the evening.

Turkey - done deal.

Quail- just waiting to see what happens.

Pheasant - might just happen this season.

Hog-just waiting for the cool weather.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Been doing some driving looking for feeding doves but sure haven't found anything...Dove season has been really bad around here for years....as far as deer...I just need to check the stand and clean it up a little...hang my propane tank and check the stove....stock up my grocerys and coffee...and get ready for a relaxing season..already given my son notice that ole Dad will be hunting my stand this year...He took one from my stand last year that grossed 164 3/8...I was really proud for him but I figure I ought to set in it a few days this year...everyone have a wonderful and safe hunting season and lets never forget the men and women that have sacrificed so much just so we can all have the freedom to hunt and enjoy ourselves..God Bless all of you that have served and are presently serving, and God Bless America....Sasakwa

·
Registered
541 Posts
Oh yea I forgot..I have been invited to go pheasant hunting this year in South Dakota..A frind of mine (and co-worker of Dennis and myself) has relatives up there that own a big feedlot and raise the feed for several thousand head of cattle...It sounds like a trip to not turn down..It's been years since I pheasant hunted and never in South Dakota...

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Wow what a difference a day makes. Went out to a buddies house to fine tune our shooting on some clay birds this evening, and the birds were coming in and landing while we were shooting.
Spent all morning/afternoon putting in another food plot.
I'll probably plant it tuesday evening after work. Will be a short night, but Wed after work, it will be dove shooting.
Pics from putting in a food plot on Friday

·
Registered
124 Posts
I put some corn and a mineral block out last week, hoping to get somthing in for the kids to see, and maybe take them in a ground blind to hunt during archery. The first night I had four 8 pointers come in and they have been back every night. They are not monsters but I was surprised how fast they showed up. I was looking for a thread to start putting trail cam pics on this looked like a goodin'.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Them are still nice bucks. Atleast your seeing them.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Been driving around here and not seeing alot of dove yet. At the airport there were a ton of dove but not so many this year. Oh could be the field at the end of the runway doesn't have wheat planted so it'd draw in ten thousand bird that make airplanes go boom!

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
We just had a bird come back about an hour ago with 2 bird hits on two engines. We think they was sparrows but I'd swear 3 of the feathers I pulled out looked like dove wing feathers. About 3" and gray. All the rest was darker in color.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Been seeing more doves today around Will Rogers. Just wait till the cold front hits later on this week!!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
I cant wait looking forward to the cold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts