Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So the McRib keeps coming back “by popular demand”. Who the :eek:eats those besides the poor schmuck who buys one “for nostalgia” and then swears never again. I think McDonalds has a warehouse somewhere with 40 tons of those oddly compressed “rib meat” patties and won’t stop brining that shit back till we’ve eaten it all no matter how long it takes…

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
I had a McRib about 2 weeks back. Did the 1 and done until a future year I choose to attempt and eat another one.
I do like fish fillet sandwich. I think it’s The tartar sauce that they put on it.

Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
My son worked at the local store. Got all the leftover pies for bear baits.

·
Administrator
14,527 Posts
Fast food joints are not on my menu. Can’t remember when I’ve ate from one.
I do stop at the McDonalds on HWY 412 for coffee when passing through because my 20 oz mug gets empty about then

·
Registered
213 Posts
Never go out of my way for any fast food. But, McD's has good iced tea for $1. Their breakfast sandwiches used to be pretty good but been quite a while since I had one. Don't think I'll be trying the McRib though. I will admit that I tried some of the spicy chicken sandwiches a month or so back just to see the hype.

Got sidetracked - apologies OP. I think about anything/everything except work in a long sit. With the holidays coming up, I've been thinking about what to cook as we're hosting Thanksgiving and an early Christmas. Going to Panama soon so that's going through my mind. Most recently, it's "how much does it cost to have unlimited high speed minutes?" because using my phone during down times got me and the wife throttled to slower speeds for 2 more weeks! I have a tough time doing all day in a tree stand - need a head restraint around the tree so when those eyes start getting heavy I'm not dangling from my safety harness!

·
Registered
378 Posts
About the only time I eat out is on Sunday after church, but my wife will pick up something on occasion. I’m a get where I’m going traveler, so I never stop to eat on my TX to OK trips. However, since I brought my wife this time, I did have to feed her, and we stopped at Braums in Guthrie. I‘ve liked Braums the few times I’ve eaten there over the years, but that burger just wasn’t great.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yeah, Braum's used to be the best place to grab a burger on the go but not so much lately. Growing up the Sonic in our town had good burgers. Tried one a month or so back and it was just average. I think they're using cheaper beef. We only eat out(sit down) 1 night a week on average. Otherwise, our lunches and dinners are made at home.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I can’t stand going out to eat, Miss Andrea loves it. I feel like it’s a waste of time but I understand sometimes she doesn’t want to cook. I feel like they trap you there and living where we do anywhere you go is going to be a near three hour trip. Fast food places are good enough for me if I absolutely can’t make it home for a sandwich but going into it expecting anything other than heartburn and a 12minute wait you are wanting to much. I couldn’t tell the difference in a sonic vs braums vs Dairy Queen match if the wrappers were off.

·
Administrator
14,527 Posts
I can’t stand going out to eat, Miss Andrea loves it. I feel like it’s a waste of time but I understand sometimes she doesn’t want to cook. I feel like they trap you there and living where we do anywhere you go is going to be a near three hour trip. Fast food places are good enough for me if I absolutely can’t make it home for a sandwich but going into it expecting anything other than heartburn and a 12minute wait you are wanting to much. I couldn’t tell the difference in a sonic vs braums vs Dairy Queen match if the wrappers were off.
My ex wife used to work at a beef processing plant that specialized in hamburger Pattie’s.
All were sold to chain fast food joints so your thinking all the burgers tasted the same may be correct.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yeah, Braum's used to be the best place to grab a burger on the go but not so much lately. Growing up the Sonic in our town had good burgers. Tried one a month or so back and it was just average. I think they're using cheaper beef. We only eat out(sit down) 1 night a week on average. Otherwise, our lunches and dinners are made at home.
On the topic of cheaper beef, my wife and I used to go to Outback a few times a year for date night or special occasions, but when my brother and I started splitting my niece’s show steer a couple or four years ago, it’s ruined getting any kind of beef in a restaurant. The last couple times we’ve gotten a steak it’s only been mediocre at best compared to what we have at home and at an exponentially higher price. It’s really the same with ground meat. Whatever grind the processor uses on ground meat from the steers is totally different that what you can get in a store. It’s a fine grind, so it’s hard to get it to stay together for a patty but is well worth the work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts