Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning when I was letting one of my dogs out I noticed this tarantula on the back side of the house. In the 17 years that I have lived in this house is this I have had scorpions, lizards, little yard snakes and geckos but never a tarantula. This is a first. I'm glad my daughter wasn't here because she would have freaked out and had me shoot it. I can't have a bullet hole in the side of this house when we are closing on it Friday. :LOL:

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
I've noticed several Tarantula Hawk wasps lately by my place. Never saw a one prior to this year.

Had one going after what might have been a small tarantula a couple weeks ago as I was checking game cameras.

·
Super Moderator
11,399 Posts
I’d still have ended it’s life. No spider is a good spider in my book. I say that after having been bitten by both a black widow and brown recluse.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
It’s tarantula mating season I believe. Did anyone shoot these off the bricks by shooting wooden kitchen matches out of their BB guns? The match would spark when it hit the bricks. Lucky we didn’t burn our damn houses down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
14,362 Posts
We have tarantulas around our house all the time. We leave them alone.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
It’s tarantula mating season I believe. Did anyone shoot these off the bricks by shooting wooden kitchen matches out of their BB guns? The match would spark when it hit the bricks. Lucky we didn’t burn our damn houses down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why is it for the second time in one night I’m saying this... What the hell did he just say?

·
Administrator
14,362 Posts
Why is it for the second time in one night I’m saying this... What the hell did he just say?
Break off most of the wood on a strike anywhere match, push it down to the BB with a little thin rod and shoot them against a rough surface.
They would ignite.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts