Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this article this morning on Fox News...I feel this is the best type of gun control..Being able to hit your target.....Good shooting my man....

HOUSTON -- Police say a Houston jewelry store owner has shot and killed three men who tried to rob his business.
Houston police spokesman Kese Smith says two men were in the store Thursday afternoon pretending to be customers when a third man burst into the store and stated, "This is a robbery."
All three men then pulled out pistols, tied up the store owner's wife and took her to a back room.
They were trying to tie up the owner, when he took a handgun from his waistband and fatally shot one of the suspects. Smith said he then grabbed a shotgun and shot and killed the other two suspects.
The store owner was shot in the stomach and taken to a Houston hospital. Smith says his wife was not hurt.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
I'm sorry the owner was shout but GOOD JOB IN SHOOTING THE 3 POS's that tried to rob his place. THAT'S WHY I CARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Cleansing the gene pool is what that was all about. ;D
Just one more justification for carrying a weapon.
I can always remember the story about the guy in a trench coat with an ak that went into a shopping mall that had a gun buster sign on the door. He opened fire randomly killing and wounding people while a concealed carry owner that had left his .45 in the car to be legal, was laying in cover 50 feet away, thinking about how many lives he could have saved if he had his weapon with him.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I think it's ridiculous that we can't carry in certain businesses. I feel the license supercedes the "No Firearms Allowed" stupidity, except for schools and federal offices.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I think it's ridiculous that we can't carry in certain businesses. I feel the license supercedes the "No Firearms Allowed" stupidity, except for schools and federal offices.
Like Columbine, and the OKC postal killings???
How about the guy on the news with the school board shooter? If that lady had training, and a weapon instead of a purse, it would not have gone as far as it did.

The "gun free zones" are nothing but an ideological concept of some stupid liberal that thinks a criminal will walk away from a sign on a door that says "no guns allowed"
Y'all better wake up to whats real in todays society.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Why Dennis I can't believe that you don't think a stern warning sign wouldn't deter a wacked out gun totin' villian. Faced with the possibility of a "time out" who would even think about breaking a rule set forth by social loving liberals???

:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Why Dennis I can't believe that you don't think a stern warning sign wouldn't deter a wacked out gun totin' villian. Faced with the possibility of a "time out" who would even think about breaking a rule set forth by social loving liberals???

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Certainly not me ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
While I'm all for keeping firarms out of the hands of criminals and common sense lacking folks. I'm still not happy that I have to have a permit and ask for permission to carry one. I wish more states became like Alaska, Vermont, and Arizona. NO PERMIT REQUIRED TO CC OR OC!!!!!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
I like the idea of a criminal background check, just to be sure that respectable people are carrying, and not enabling just anybody to legally carry.

But I think "gun free zones" make targets easier to find.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I like the idea of a criminal background check, just to be sure that respectable people are carrying, and not enabling just anybody to legally carry.

But I think "gun free zones" make targets easier to find.
I don't have a real big problem with a background check, but do you think for one instant that a person that gets turned down by a background check can't come up with a weapon in an hour or so?
If that same person has a wife wanting to get a divorce, or has some grudge, there is no way in hell they are going to obey a gunbuster sign or a law saying they can't carry in a school.
On the other hand those that obey the law, become easy targets for those that don't.

In my opinion, properly trained teachers and administrators should be allowed to carry in schools.
After a long time of posting opinions to TSA in response to their public request for opinions, I was somehow selected to be one of the people to provide input to the Feds about pilots carrying guns in the cockpit.
It was at the advent of Frangible bullets, and I think they had not a clue what they were and how they would prevent a pass thru to endanger other passengers, or the structural integrity of the aircraft.

Teachers and administrators should have the same option in my opinion.

Not trying to ruffle anybody's feathers, just a discussion.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm a teacher and I absolutely agree! Gun free zones are defenseless zones!!

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Your have archery in the schools yet that somehow doesn't violate the "NO WEAPON" policy. I think the AIS program is great and should be in every school. Virginia just passed a bill requiring firearms safety in schools. They defense behind that was if they can teach sex ED to first graders then they should teach firearm safety to them as well.

I think that every law abiding citizen should be allowed to carry if they so choose to. I hope that open carry gets passed here the next time around.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I think that every law abiding citizen should be allowed to carry if they so choose to. I hope that open carry gets passed here the next time around.
Absolutly! I think it will happen. One of the turncoat dems in Kay county got voted out of office because of it.(Ken Luttrel) His replacment came to our Ponca City Rifle and Pistol club meeting and assured me when I presented that question, he would vote for open carry.
I assured him that we would vote to get him out of office as hard as we did to get him in if he didn't.

He owns the Buffalo Waller Ranch and puts on lots of shoots for charity, as well as has a hunting operation around Kaw lake.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Alot of people think that cops are against concealed carry. Well Im here to tell ya, we arent. I love it. I also say businesses cant keep you from carrying concealed either, because its a State law. If I get a call to one of these communist businesses, I will politely ask the person to leave and never give a cent of their hard earned money to that store again. I wont arrest them. That is unless they are doing something totally stupid. But you get the point.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I had a couple of traffic stops, and get checked by GW's. Each time, I've presened my ID and CCL to the officer. Never got any negative response, and the conversation usually turns around to they type I'm carrying, and the laser on it.

Of course I'm not coming on like some jerk either.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I'd be supprised if the new Gov doesn't make it one of the first things to get done. She's a shooter/hunter as well. Can't believe the difference between her and Henery, specially since they are both from Tecumseh/Shawnee area.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
If we all as hunters, sportman, and shooters banded together like those in Virginia 9 of 10 gun laws get passed in favor of shooters. Most all elected officials in VA are scared of not being re elected beacuse there voice and power on gun rights is so strong. The folks at opencarry.org and the Virginia Citizens Defense Leauge has the same if not more power and voice than the NRA within VA. Its crazy the pull they have.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts