Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend found this shed today while setting a stand. He has seen it twice. Last year, his daughter had it in her sights, but failed to take the safety off before it disappeared into the woods.
This side scored 108 2/8". What a buck.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I ever shot one that big, I'd pay to put it on the front page of the Wall Street Journal! ;D

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
I may be wrong but is that a hard hat with a union sticker I see in the background?
lol all I saw was the antler and mega base size. Had to go back and see what you were talking about. I don't know if I could even compose myself enough to pull a trigger much less draw a bow.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got back in. Had to walk about 1/3 mile across a wheatfield to a cut I've made through the trees that leads to a small food plot. Just as I stepped out I could see 4 deer in the full moonlight eating beans on the neighbors place. I was stuck right there with no place to go. One of them came my direction, and must have winded me, as she blew, and all four ran off. Made two steps, and busted two more standing in front of the ladder stand in the food plot.
Off they went.

Got in the stand, and realized I'd forgot to bring the seat cushion. That expanded metal seat got real uncomfortable.
Finally about 0800, two does came out of the woods, walked under the stand, and started browsing. Tried to get the phone out of my pocket and take a pic, but the stand kept creaking, and they wandered off.
That was it for the morning.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Isn't that what we all dream about every time we hit the deer woods. A 200 class buck.
That a hell of a shed.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
I'd be pretty darn happy to find the shed, let alone see the live buck carrying that set o' horns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts