Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You will see in these pics that nothing stops them,they are tireless,unlike Labs,they swim with most all of there body submerged like a submarine,as where a lab has his butt up high while swimming making the Cheasy faster,stronger,sleeker,and less visible while hunting over water. The Dead-Grass Colored ones like mine fit right in to the rice-checks and toolies we all hunt. Some say they are unruly,but mine will eat on command,and anything else I command him to do in 4 different languages. They are the most Trainable in my mind because they are the smartest,you just have to be smarter. this is no attempt to put down Labs,I love them myself and really like the Yellow Labs,which my Cheasy is mistaken for by nearly all the armatures that see him,when as my Vet has told me on a # of occasions,He is in fact is the epitome of what a Cheasy should weigh & look like. He is indeed an exsample of what the bread should look like,colors will vary.

A day at a pond in 2 & 1/2 mile few know about,nice hike,straight up.
Greg

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
He's starting to look his age.
The first pic show's it well.
He's going on either 6-7 years old now Greg? No matter he's in top condition & in his prime.
You can't find a better retriever ;).

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know Craig,I'm not sure why...Maybe because I trained him so strict,but he prematurely Grayed. He wont even be Six till September,16???? Just had that Grey on his nose sense 3 or for,I'm finding it in other places now,but his papers clearly state he was whelped on Sept,16 02.

I also couldn't agree with you more,I had him at the vets for his annual outdoors Lepto and his three year Dhpp shots,and He weighed in at 83.6 LB's. He is in the best Condition and performing at the highest level ever. I love that Boy ;) Does more for me than anything or anybody,He has over 350-400 Birds Pointed/Flushed and retrieved. From Duck,Quail,Chucker & pheasant...He still gets Mad when I come home smelling like Fresh-Kill From Turkey hunting :D
Greg

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
He was looking older then what he is then.
Just have not seen cheasy's gray up till around 5 years old or so.

Just can't have a better retriever,I had 3 & my next one will be,after Maddy my black lab passes.
She it 9 & her hips are going on her.I have to load her in & out of the truck bed anymore.
This will be her last season to the field.I'm gonna take her out as much as possible.
This could be her last year alive. She's going down hill slowly. :'(

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea...That's rough,Got a Beagle that 15 Now :eek: :eek: :eek: Not sure how he's hanging on,but he's not complaining or suffering yet so he lives on ;)
Greg

·
Administrator
14,063 Posts
Good looking pics of kele ;D They sure enjoy the water ;)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That Dang Dog gets all getty about a mile away from the Water...He can smell it ;D
Greg

·
Registered
541 Posts
Due to the lack of postings on the forum at the moment, I simply must post something myself. As most of you should know by now, I

·
Registered
541 Posts
You know, I'm 57 years old and if someone would have told me 2 years ago that I would be as attached to a dog as I am now...I would have told them they were crazy...but...like a lot of us..it just happened..Girty is the first dog I've owned in years and it may be bad to admit, but I would do anything for her...But I kinda think she will try to do anything for me..anyway...as most of you will agree...a dog truly is our best friend..all I try to do is return the favor...thanks for the opportunity to share Girty with the rest of yall.....Sasakwa/Ray

·
Administrator
14,063 Posts
Sasakwa, you left out what a babe magnet girty is at marvels trout camp ??? ;) ;)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Dennis, I was going to include that in my reasoning, but one has to be careful what we put on the WWW...about my luck the little woman would read the web site someday and then would understand why I like to take Girty for a ride in the golf cart at Marval trout camp...especially in the hot summer time when everyone is swimming...then everyone sees the pretty little dog riding in the golf cart and then they want to come up to her and start petting her and then....Well you know the rest of the story....

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Great looking yellow lab you got their-Sasakwa.
You 2 seem to be attached pretty well.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thanks Gauge...It started out I was just trying to make a hunting dog out of her but it seems the more I include her in everthing the more she learns.....It seems to get easier everyday to teach her something, and I think a lot of it is one thing...she has the ability to learn and the other is she wants to learn...what I like about her the most is when I get a gun out of the cabinet....She goes balistic....she really gets into hunting...she was 2 in December and is certainly not the best hunting dog in the world but she sure would like to be...which I think is a pretty good trait for any dog to have...

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Sasakwa~Your welcome.
I had 3 Cheasys all were boys & hard headed when they were young.( I could of killed um all :mad: :mad: :mad: J/K )
Great dogs,far better then any lab i've had so far as a hunting dog.
My labs have been great family & hunting dogs...Yet have never seen mine out last a cheasy of mine in the field.
On that note,I've only had Black Labs all girls.So,the yellow lab might be the better LABRADOR.

I know she will be your best buddy from now on.
All the best in the field Sasakwa.

Gauge

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I believe yellow Lab are by Far the best of the lab bread. There is something very special when you have your dog as a friend as much as a hunting dog. My Dog will eat on command,even things it don't like. This dog solely lives to please me and is more than Happy with what he gets out of the deal. A guy that loves him as much as he loves me,Thats a hard one to call,but we would both go threw fire for one another. I spoke with a master Trainer once and he told me where I did so well in the development of my dog is that unbreakable bond I started like your self from the day I first got him. This is where people go wrong in there training,Ya the dog will hunt,and he's going to like it because thats what there bread for,but when he's doing it for the sole purpose to please you...Well,then you've done your job correct ;) Everyone loves there dog the best,but it's dog's like yours and mine that are the true Mans beast Friend/Hunter/Family Dog,Yes anyone that says different can kiss my butt,Your Dog can be all those things and not just some tool you take out of his kennel when its time to hunt and be better than anything out there,It's called mutual trust,unconditional love and a life long friend,It's just sad they don't live out lives as long as ours :-\ So you love them why there here,as far as your being the best....Don't make me dig up and load the picture of my Dog giving my wife an honest to goodness HUG ;D....Yes that's right,He'll come up and give you a hug better than any human I know,I've trained him to,He'll jump up and roll up on my bed next to me and give me the biggest loving hug your every going to get,and I do have pictures to confirm this,and then he'll go take up the smallest part of the bed a 85 LB dog can and sleep there all night,or at least till he's ready to get up :D and yep,that means it's time for you to get up ;D

Very nice Dog Buddy,Glad to see HE has a nice home ;)

Cheasy/Kele lover,Greg

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think Gauge said a key word that makes my Dog the super dog he is and not just hunting,and yours to.
They are so connected to us. They start anticipating what your thinking,wanting,needing and how your feeling,and don't care about anything else,as for teaching your dog something new every day,I'm not sure how old your dog is now,but mine is 5 &1/2 and he's teaching me something new everyday ;)
Greg

·
Registered
541 Posts
Greg, you just said exactly what I have told people before...a lot of dogs are bred to do a job...hunt, work cattle, or a specific job...but the key to it all I believe is to not only let him be your best friend but for us also to be their best friends...How many best friends have you ever had that didn't want to help you and please you?...to me that's the key to a good dog.. Everything Girty does, she tries to do it the way I want her too...pretty well makes everything else easy...Thanks for the nice post...and the great pictures of Kele...I still think a dog is really special when they are a part of a family not only when it comes to hunting but a true member of the family...I can easily see that Kele is a member of a great family...Ray

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank You Ray,

It's just like I've all ways told people that say certain dogs are just bad breeds...Non-sense
It's not the breed,It's the people that own those breeds,I've seen many a Pit-Bull that we're as sweet as either one of our dogs,and it had everything to do with what you just said. It's really not that amazing
when you are warm and caring to most anything from the time it's just young,That's going to be all it knows,so long as No one messes with it's owner :eek:

Take care of your self and Girty Ray,

Greg

·
Administrator
14,063 Posts
I had to get a pic of my Britt after a rough night of guarding the house. ;D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep,It doesn't look Like anyone got in...Good Dog :D Happy Dog 8)
Greg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts