14,025 Posts
Hi Jesse! Good to see ya signed up!
Welcome.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Hi Jesse! Good to see ya signed up!
Welcome.
OMG! I swear I am not stalking you. How goes it Dennis? Can I post something about our Nordic 22LR group buy? I don't want to get banned on my first day.
Hey, feel free. We are pretty light handed on the moderation of this forum.

Guys, I know this gentleman, and have been in a couple of group buys that he has organized.
Its all on the up and up. He got in contact with some manufactures and got a great price break for the group.

Jesse, is known around the competition shooting community, and is no stranger to many of us.
He owns his own forum geared toward competitive shooting, that I spend a little time on, as I'm taking up the sport as well. Just don't get enough trigger time when its not hunting season, for my liking.

We did a group buy on some Nordic .22LR uppers for an ar-15. They are totally fun to shoot, tack drivers, and pretty much jam free, using good ammo. I was at the farm Wednesday, and dumped two 50 round drum magazines as fast as the trigger could be pulled without a jam. We have another group buy of some 35 round mags still to arrive.

Jesse, I just watched the video you posted. Looked you were having some ankle problems, or was the crutches and scooter props for the shoot?

Looking forward to the OK State .22 Tactical Rifle Indoor Championship in May with the new upper! ;D

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
;D Howdy do and Welcome!!!! ;D I'm not sure if I'd be spreading the word that you know dennis. Things like that can ruin a mans reputation. :-X :D

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Welcome Jesse...To Oklahoma Hunter .net

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Welcome to the site, hope you get some hog hunting in soon. Now what's this about some AR .22 uppers??????

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Welcome to the site, hope you get some hog hunting in soon. Now what's this about some AR .22 uppers??????
Bird, these are dedicated uppers manufactured by Nordic Components.

http://shop.nordiccomp.com/NC22-22LR-Upper-16-750-Black-Barrel-Mid-Length-Hand-Guard-NC22UP161.htm

The link shows the 16", but we had options on 16", 18" or 20". I went with the stainless 20". He handguard has pre drilled and tapped holes for mounting those tacticool accessories.

Here is mine with the 50 round mag. Sorry about the crappy cell pics.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are letting us have them for $407 shipped. Last time they through in an extra 10 rd mag too. Not sure if they will do that again though. I'm guessing theyhad some they needed to get rid of or something. You can choose any barrel length, any hadnguard length, and rails and the like were 40% off. We ordered 18 or 20 last time around. They like us now!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Same video twice. :D
I like that drill where they make you shoot on the weak side. I'm ambidextrous, so it works better for me.

I see they had to do like we did on our match last weekend. The shot timer has a hard time picking up the .22 rounds fired from a rifle. We had to run the sensitivity up to 90% and hold it as close to the muzzle as possible.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Have been thinking about the CMMG or Criner .22 BCG conversion, but don't really like the idea of running dirty Rem Gold Bullets thru my gas tube. How do these uppers work with cheap bulk .22 ammo?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I know Nordic has a good reputation for building some very good stuff. They make the "AR" version of the Ruger 10/22 and I've heard good things about it.

Right now I'm trying to decide what I want to buy next.

1. AR upper in 30 Rem
2. AR in .22
3. Barretta M-9
4. .22 conversion for 1911 or a Chippa .22 1911

Leaning towards the M-9 for use with the air guard marksmanship team shoots. Don't really like that pistol, but need to start shooting it well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know Nordic has a good reputation for building some very good stuff. They make the "AR" version of the Ruger 10/22 and I've heard good things about it.

Right now I'm trying to decide what I want to buy next.

1. AR upper in 30 Rem
2. AR in .22
3. Barretta M-9
4. .22 conversion for 1911 or a Chippa .22 1911

Leaning towards the M-9 for use with the air guard marksmanship team shoots. Don't really like that pistol, but need to start shooting it well.
Nordic makes that Ruger SR22 which is essentially their conversion with Ruger badging. They make components for other wifle manufacturers in Minnesota as well. LOKI Weapons Systems right here in OK has them cut their billet upper/lowers too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts