Reactions: kwaynem

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Sweet

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Congrats man. Lotta meat on that sucker.

·
Administrator
14,051 Posts
I’m wanting to try and set jug lines with live perch around Burbank landing to see if I can get some of those hogs.

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn’t get to set any this spring before they went on the nest but plan on putting several limb lines and a couple trot lines in Beaver Creek next week. Got a couple of college friends who are coming up to dove hunt and fish. They plan on staying for about 9 days. The pandemic has completely changed their whole employment situations. The good thing about that is it’s for the better, not worse. Both can now take care of all of their work in about 1 to 2 hours a day, at any hour of the day as long as they have internet. Hopefully we will get into some dove and some big flatheads

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
They classify 18” channel cats as oversized catfish here. No blues or flats in these parts either.

·
Administrator
14,051 Posts
I didn’t get to set any this spring before they went on the nest but plan on putting several limb lines and a couple trot lines in Beaver Creek next week. Got a couple of college friends who are coming up to dove hunt and fish. They plan on staying for about 9 days. The pandemic has completely changed their whole employment situations. The good thing about that is it’s for the better, not worse. Both can now take care of all of their work in about 1 to 2 hours a day, at any hour of the day as long as they have internet. Hopefully we will get into some dove and some big flatheads

We need pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry for the late reply. We had really good intentions I promise you, but after over indulging the first afternoon, then having trouble getting a couple of guys rallied at 3 a.m. to go check lines and be ready to shoot dove at daylight a decision had to be made. Fish, hunt, or drink. We chose the later 2. Executive decision was run the lines and pull them up and shoot birds. . I had set lines too early in the day. Was busy getting stuff gathered up and the trailer house ready for the guys. We had a few small channels, a decent flathead, a softshell turtle bigger than any snow toboggan I’ve ever seen and an alligator snapper that got brought back to the trailer with the idea of sending him home in the back of one of our buddies SUV. We decided that probably wasn’t a good idea after it snapped a black fiberglass dip net handle into- TWICE. We did catch enough bass from the pond by our trailer to feed 9 of us the last evening though. Nothing bigger than a couple pounds. We all agreed that staying up late, eating way too much, adult beverages and our extra curricular activities-shooting, hunting, fishing, cooking and tannerite are harder on us now than it used to be. Especially without a nap.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are fish this big edible? Or are these catch and release.
They will eat just fine. I hang them by their heads and cut off the tail and bleed them out. There is some trimming to do on them also. Got lots of belly meat too.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Sounds like a perfectly good time to me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts