Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
14,051 Posts
Belly meat is the best
Man, I ate some channel cat belly meat once and it was pretty fishy tasting. Never tried anything else. I use the belly meat of blues for bait.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Man, I ate some channel cat belly meat once and it was pretty fishy tasting. Never tried anything else. I use the belly meat of blues for bait.
BUTTERMILK, BUTTERMILK, BUTTERMILK. it will take the sage out of desert mule deer, The stank out of antelope, hell it will even make a bullhead taste good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
14,051 Posts
BUTTERMILK, BUTTERMILK, BUTTERMILK. it will take the sage out of desert mule deer, The stank out of antelope, hell it will even make a bullhead taste good.

I'm scared to try it, but probably will. Never had antelope yet. Been putting in for the controlled hunt since it started. Like the elk hunts, never been drawn. I can imagine what desert mulie would taste like with all the sage they eat.

We are pretty spoiled with the whitetail eating the corn, beans, wheat, alfalfa and whatever the neighbors want to plant for them to feed on all year long. Huge fat caps on the meat when skinning them.

Reactions: Bird (this time)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Any big flatheads yet?
Haven’t had the time to get any lines set but that’s fixing to change. Our extended family skipped the 4th of July last year due to the pandamnitt, but we gave a big gathering planned for the 3rd this year. Fish is the main course on the menu and we will be feeding almost 50 of us. Probably going to start checking a few holes and some low water bridges that always hold some good flatheads. They should be cleaning the holes out getting ready to nest.

·
Administrator
14,051 Posts
Haven’t had the time to get any lines set but that’s fixing to change. Our extended family skipped the 4th of July last year due to the pandamnitt, but we gave a big gathering planned for the 3rd this year. Fish is the main course on the menu and we will be feeding almost 50 of us. Probably going to start checking a few holes and some low water bridges that always hold some good flatheads. They should be cleaning the holes out getting ready to nest.

June is a good month to be noodling.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
We’ve caught a few but haven’t hand much time. With all the rain the lakes and creeks have been up around me and I was able to run some limb lines and take a bunch of young kids out they loved it catching these channel cats I don’t think they could have been much happier. We all had a blast and I bet it’s something they remember for a long time. I would like to get on the Deep Fork and see what monsters could be caught here in the next couple weeks. Let us know what you catch!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts