Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
13,586 Posts
Belly meat is the best
Man, I ate some channel cat belly meat once and it was pretty fishy tasting. Never tried anything else. I use the belly meat of blues for bait.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Man, I ate some channel cat belly meat once and it was pretty fishy tasting. Never tried anything else. I use the belly meat of blues for bait.
BUTTERMILK, BUTTERMILK, BUTTERMILK. it will take the sage out of desert mule deer, The stank out of antelope, hell it will even make a bullhead taste good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
13,586 Posts
BUTTERMILK, BUTTERMILK, BUTTERMILK. it will take the sage out of desert mule deer, The stank out of antelope, hell it will even make a bullhead taste good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm scared to try it, but probably will. Never had antelope yet. Been putting in for the controlled hunt since it started. Like the elk hunts, never been drawn. I can imagine what desert mulie would taste like with all the sage they eat.

We are pretty spoiled with the whitetail eating the corn, beans, wheat, alfalfa and whatever the neighbors want to plant for them to feed on all year long. Huge fat caps on the meat when skinning them.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts