Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been out yet or harvest one?
Season started on the 1st of October.

·
Registered
41 Posts
oh man I would love to be out there chasin some Rios with a bow...Good luck to all and bag a good'un :) :)

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Having a bit of shoulder troubles, so bow shooting on hold for a bit. Gonna have to crank her down a bit on the poundage till it gets well.

Gauge, I'm bout ready to see if ole blue is still alive and kicking!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bird-
Just let me know when ya want to go.
I'm ready when U are buddy.

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts
I was finishing up planting a wheat field last night just before dark. (the one that was flooded) when 18 turkey came out of the woods on the other side. :eek: They didn't seem too concerned about my being there. I didn't have my binoculars with me so if there were any toms with the flock I couldn't see them. they always seem to come out at the same place, so I'm thinking a pop up blind in that area might just be the ticket. ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do believe so.
Should workout just fine for the bagging of a Thanksgiving bird.

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts
It ain't gonna happen. Went out this morning, an the buffalo knats and skeeters were so bad, I was running for the truck at 8am. :mad: We are gonna have to have a freeze before going out again. :'(

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Might try that ThermaCell when you get it.

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts
I know they work on the skeeters. It will be real interesting to see how it does on the knats. They are bad enough at home that we can't sit on the deck during these really nice days. :'(

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts
I'm thinking that if they would just bring those rag headed terrorists from Guantanamo to me, I'll give them a prayer rug and tie them to a tree where I was hunting. I can guarentee, that in 30 minutes they will convert to Christianity, and spill their guts when the knats get done with them ;) ;D ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts