Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Season starts tomorrow so no one should have one down for reporting yet. ;)

Who's going and when ya do and ya tag out post them pic's.

I hope to go at some point this season but will have to see how my shoulder is doing. Will have to shoot lefty but thats fine.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I have to work, but will zip on over there and should be in the field by 1830hrs. There will still be a couple of hours to see if something will come in. I scouted the place Sat Morning, and its not looking good for the home team.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I have yet to hear any, or see any real sign yet. Starting to get a little concerned.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I might still go just to say I did, but these 45mph steady winds with gusts to 55 suck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Camoed out my moss 500 this weekend for the season. Got school from 8 to 8 today and it's killing me to not be in the woods. No worries though. Gonna be out before the sun tomorrow though. Gonna try to get in a kill before my work meeting if they aren't all shot yet. LOL

·
Registered
840 Posts
Didn't see or hear anything yesterday. Too windy!

Just hear-say, but I heard from a friend of mine near me that the turkeys on his place haven't broken up into their groups yet. This weather may just make for a late season, but everything still looks promising. Won't get to go again until probably tomorrow evening or Sunday afternoon. Hopefully James Collins will be good to me Sunday.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Well, North of Stillwater the older gobblers have been split up for at least 2 weeks..but Sunday morning I did see 4 jakes standing at the end of my driveway.....They looked and acted pretty dumb which is about the only type I can take...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Honestly...I have never been a good turkey hunter...I can take a perfect set up and I promise..if something can go wrong then I will make sure it does...therefore...if the turkey falls to my gun..then I probably did the turkey gene pool a lot of good...I can't say I ever out-smarted a turkey...I have on several occasions met a turkey that was dumber than me...and this was not good for the turkey...

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Only turkey I can kill comes in 100 proof.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Oh no Bullbuster...I use to try to kill that kind and still do on a rare occasion..But he wins everytime...I really look dumb when myself and that kind of turkey locks horns...

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh no Bullbuster...I use to try to kill that kind and still do on a rare occasion..But he wins everytime...I really look dumb when myself and that kind of turkey locks horns...
LOL ya same here. I'm just getting too old I guess. And will be even older next month.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Killing um...y'all just got to wait for pics till next week. :(
I'm on a 7 day turkey mecca vacation. ;D 8) :D ;D

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Killing um...y'all just got to wait for pics till next week. :(
I'm on a 7 day turkey mecca vacation. ;D 8) :D ;D
If thats the case give some details.

·
Registered
840 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a feeling I know where he's talking about. If I'm right then it should be easy picking's on the birds. Bearded hens as well.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Okay: Here is a sample with photo's.
My wife's 1st ever wild turkey-Rio Grand.
She shot him last night @ around 6:50 p.m. 18 yard shot.
He weighted 22 pounds-1" spurs & a 11" long by 3" wide beard. :eek: :eek: ;D
{Yes} he is going on the wall a half body mount.

Here are the photo's from last night.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Their ya go Bull :p :p ;D .

Location: Somewhere in the heart of turkey country in SW-OK. :-X

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I gotta wait till I get home to see pic's but tell'r CONGRATS and thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Bull, will do.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts