Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roll Call! Check in and let us Know how you did!

·
Registered
451 Posts
1 bird down! 7:10 am 23lbs 9.75 beard 1.25 spurs. I been watching him for about a month, put him to bed last night. He was gobbling his head of on roost this morning, finally flew down and took about 15 minutes to get to me. Ulti mag took him out at 27 yds. The trees you can see on top of the hill are at my house.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'll be going after work today. Heard them gobbling behind my pond this morning, so I'll be out this weekend in the mornings too!

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on the nice Tom!

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Good deal man nice bird!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Way to go!!!! What to start turkey season!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
12 years go by & never missed a opener here in OK.
Till today, Work along with a list of others has me :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: to the max.

·
Registered
451 Posts
A month ago I had 19 birds hanging back there every day, including 3 nice toms, then 2 weeks ago they split up and vanished. I had been seeing this bird all by his lonesome for several days, he was kinda tore up from fighting so I guess he got his butt kicked and the winners took the hens across the river. I was in the pasture til dark tonight and never heard a gobble anywhere.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I hunted Kansas/OK border this weekend and missed one with the bow yesterday morning on the KS side. I heard one bird in OK and chased him Saturday, but could not get it done. I have a trip to SW OK this weekend that I am pumped for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts