Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrows the big day!! I'm taking off work here at the fire dept at 5 am to get my stuff and head out. Wish everyone luck, and I can't wait to see some pics, as well as some good stories. Hope to have one up myself bright and early. Let's put all our stories and pics right here in this thread, and dont forget to post about the close calls and near misses. Good luck again to everyone this season.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
I have to work all day, but will take my stuff and change in the field. Not very optomistic this year for some reason. :-\

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
I'll be in school as well. I'm learning to be a Drug and Alcohol Program Adviser. Turkey is my current addiction.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
I'll be in school as well. Alcohol Program Adviser. Turkey is my current addiction.
When we meet, I'm hoping you can advise me on the proper alcohol. :eek: ;D

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Been a untrained amature drinker, maybe Bull could give us an online course!!!! ;D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Well, had one down about 5 minutes til seven this morning. Got this bird right off roost. Came in with two others, let them strut around the decoys a bit, till one got a little nervous. That was enough footage for the camera, so off the safety went. Good morning to start off the season.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Fine looking bird! What was the beard length?
I'm off in 30 minutes, and to the woods I go! ;D

·
Registered
840 Posts
Nice! That's a way to start a season!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
9 1/2 inch beard. 1inch spurs. Just a two year old, but they sure are fun.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Good lookin bird, congrads.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. Had another close call yesterday morning, hung up just a little too far tho. Giving it a rest today, but I'll be back after it tomorrow.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Made it out to our lease at Elk City and saw a bunch of birds. I watched 9 gobblers strut and gobble together for over an hour first thing Saturday morning problem was there was also 15 or so hens. They ended up followimg the hens over the hill. The wind was up so I went to a canyon on the upper end of a pond I was only there for an hour or so when I got a gobbler to answer my call. Two gobblers came in and I killed this one he was the biggest. He had a full 9 inch beard and sharp 1 inch spurs.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Very nice bird! I got an invite to go to Elk City for a turkey/pig hunt next weekend, but I have to work then....so maybe later.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts