Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprised to see no turkey talk going on yet. Y'all do realize it's getting pretty close right? Lol. Who all is getting geared up? Any new strategies ya plan on pulling out this year? This year I plan on being committed to taking all 3 birds with my Hoyt! For the first three weeks at least, then the last week I might have to let the led fly if I haven't filled all my tags.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Oh I'm lookin' forward to turkey season allrighty! Just hope we get some rain before the season, just not the kind that'll flood their nests!

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm getting restless!

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Two years ago I failed to connect in the fall with my bow and it was a few years before that that I even got to get after them. Never made it out last spring or fall for them. I sure hope to this year. So far I'm a fat zero on turkey which is sad considering my truck windshield has harvested two. ::) :eek:

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
I did buy a new decoy last week, so I'm getting geared up for it.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Bull- your windshield need to take some lessons from Gauge, where just the sight of him in their neck of the woods causes sudden death!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Just bring it to April 6th.
Got 5 locations full of birds to go hunt, just needs to be opening day.
Gonna have to pull out the works this season to get all 3.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been seeing tons of birds. Just not on my properties. Lol. Starting to get split up a little more everyday. And the jakes are all starting to get lonesome already in my part of the country.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Awsome pic, but, thats not a turkey hunter wants to see during season. it would be almost impossible to call that tom away from the hens.
I have to give congrats to the ODWC for putting the turkey season when it is.
By the time season rolls around most of the hens have been bred, and the toms are surplus. Surplus toms are cruising all over the country looking for hot hens.
Turkey hunters, get the excess :D :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, birds are everywhere. Saw a huge bunch today on my land that still hasn't split up yet. What are y'all seeing in your area?

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Had 3 fly in front of my truck a few days ago but thats it. Just wish they hadn't been on DoD property.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Seen? None. Heard a few gobbling a couple of weeks ago while walking my property, though. So that's good!

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Made it to the farm tonight, and saw feathers and poop. They have been broken up for awhile around here.
Just got an offer to go to Eric Ok for a turkey hunt. West of OKC on I40 almost to the Tx border.
Guys relatives have a couple of thousand acres out there. It could turn out to be fun!

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Saw a lot of turkeys in the field at my course in Mineral Wells Tx. Wanted to pop 'em in the head and have one for dinner instead of MRE's!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dennis: I've hunted that area quite a bit. Make an annual trip out there with a friend and hunt private land. From Eric back toward sweetwater. Killed a bird 75 yards from Texas border two years ago. That area has a TON of birds. Always have a blast out there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts