Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats to those who have gotten thier bird. It is just driving me nuts not being able to go again this year. This my third staight season of not gonig because of the Army. I had to work all last week and this weekend at home. I will not spend the money on a tag just for 2 days and not get to go for the rest of the season. So I hope you all have a safe and a good season and get that gobbler of a life time.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Yeah, my time in the woods has been severely limited this turkey season. Work, and this big storm we had up here had me working daylight to dark for the last two days helping relatives and friends get their roofs patched, and electricity back to their homes.
Both, my welder/generator combo, and two generators are currently on loan keeping freezers and fridges running at their places.

Worn out two chain saw blades so far.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Where ya been? Garrison
Thought ya give me a call by now & we'd go get some.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Dennis, when did that storm hit. Looks like the B-I-L and ma in laws houses last May from the tornado.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Last week. Ponca recorded 94 mph straight line winds. The west side of town is pretty devestated. We got some minor damage at our house, but the winds were not that high where we live.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
looks like it could have been a micro burst

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Well, the ranger that worked the gate for my draw turkey hunt at Cherokee WMA said we set a record. Nobody killed a turkey during the 3 day hunt. In fact, I was the only hunter that saw a bird and I almost stepped on it! Wind, wind, wind and more wind.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Dennis, when did that storm hit. Looks like the B-I-L and ma in laws houses last May from the tornado.
I remember you had to spend a LOT of time getting that situation taken care of.
Both of the trees in my pics were cottonwoods. Couldn't even save some firewood for them.

Sounds like the wind busted your turkey hunt too. Are those easterns or rio's at Cherokee?

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Mostly Eastern with some Rio's. The one I flushed was a Eastern and the 3 single hens were Rio's. I know it was a miserable drive home Sun, bucking a quartering head wind in the Trooper. Fridays drive was a full tail wind, nice! (that's the only good thing I can say about the wind).

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I have a few days left here in Wyoming. I want to get back to Oklahoma to some warm weather. It sucks here. Cool and rainy. I just want to get back so I can start fishing. I hope some of ya all have limited out out those Thunder Chickens you have been chasen. Maybe next year I'll get to go. Talk to ya all later.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Hey good new Baby, Sunday is suppose to be cool and rainy!!!!! ;)

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
going crappie fishing tomorrow, if my buddy wants. He has his son for the weekend, and wants to get him out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.