Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on the Cabella's website looking at some Remington 6.8 Ammo. See if you can spot the bad advise. Can you imagine if this guy was the only one to reply to the first whiz kid??? Luckily, there were 3 other answers that had the correct information.

Question:

I ordered this item and was under the inpression that it works in a stamped 5.56 AR-15. Is this correct?
Remington UMC 6.8 SPC Ammo with Dry Box Will this work in my Rock River 5.56 AR-15 or did I order the wrong ammo?

5 months, 2 weeks ago
by mworks
Spokane

Answer #4

From what I understand the brass casing diameter is a little bit larger on the 5.56 than the .308. You should be able to shoot .308 through your 5.56 just fine, only trouble would be shooting 5.56 through a .308.

5 months, 1 week ago
by
rydatt
Little Falls, MN

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
WHAT?? ::) ::) ::) ::)

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Ya sure swap ur AR-15 ammo with ur AR-10 ammo and see what happens. That why one is a .223/5.56 and the other is a .308. Bird that's some FAS right there. Thanks for the good laugh man I really needed that. When I worked at Gunworled I can't count how many people just don't have a clue. My gun won't fire correctly well that's because you are shooting the wrong caliber ammo. Thank goodness no one ever got hurt.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya gotta be kiddin Bull, that many folks don't know what bullitz to put in their gunz??? That is scarey.
I'm thinking the dude had .308 and .223 mixed up on what would fit in a 5.56, but the original guy was asking about 6.8 SPC, so where'd all that come from? ??? Must have read it on the interwebz.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Oh I'd say at least once a week we had a customer who loaded the wrong ammo. Mostly happened when they had multiple guns and calibers. I always laughed when someone would rent a gun and after we told them all about it and how to load and shoot it they would still ask what caliber or what kinda bullet does it shoot.
When u first started talking about your 6.8 it took me a little bit to figure out what it was. I'm no expert about guns and ammo compared to some of you on here but at the same time I know my knowledge is way above that of the average joe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts