Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today is day 50 of 100+ degree temps here in OKC. Either tomorrow or the next day we will break it. I was 11 back in 1980 when the record was set. They also said that Oklahoma has had the hottest summer ever recorded in the Nation since records started being kept back in 1889. I wanted to break the record since we were so close, but now I want it to cool off. Its to hot to sight in my new crossbow scope.

·
Registered
175 Posts
We are sitting right at 100 here in Perkins/Stillwater. I didn't realize it was that hot since it is cloudy. I have been out shooting my bow, knocking off some rust and thinking about cool October mornings!!

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
I spend several hours mowing the yard and doing yard work today. But capped it off with a fishing trip to the lake.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
It was actually pleasant in Ponca yesterday. Never got over 90.
Good thing, as we spent the day at the range doing weapons training for a unit of the army reserve based out of Stillwater. They got to shoot .22 rimfire pistol, centerfire pistol, AR-15, and for icing on the cake, they each got to touch off two rounds from a Barett .50BMG sniper rifle. Heading out there shortly for day two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts