Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Oklahoma Hunter.net

14K views 144 replies 26 participants last post by  Gauge 
#1 ·
New members & long time members of the site.
Take a moment and tell us a little about yourself.

#2 ·
Well I am Tulsahunter. I run a reloading company called the Brass Shack and my Dad works for me. He is on here as Movieman45. I have been hunting off and on since I was about 6 years old. I love to just be out in the woods so it is a good day rather I get something or not.

#3 ·
Well I'm mongoose106 and live in Tulsa. I'm originally from , but worked here in Oklahoma my entire adult life. I did move back to Pa in '03' but since the grand kids are here we moved back about a year ago. I spend time on this site along with huntingpa.com....I mostly do deer and turkey hunting...semi retired, so my fall time is open to be in the outdoors. I have a lease south of Tulsa that holds good deer numbers, but want to try hunting over around Spavinaw. Has anyone on here hunted the public hunting portion of Spavinaw? If so, what kind of luck are you experiencing? Sorry for the long rant.....good to see hunters from Oklahoma with their own forum site. I think it is great.

#9 ·
Welcome to the site Mongoose106. Im from Oregon and enjoy hunting fishing hiking and camping. Folks on this site are a great source of info. So be sure to offer advice and ask questions. We all love hearing about stuff that happens in the field.

#14 ·
Wow! :eek: Your making quite a move. I'm thinking your military?

No matter what, welcome to Oklahoma Hunter.:D

#15 ·
wow, thank you for the welcome. I am often a little hesitant to mention that I am in the military when on the hunting forums beacuse there tends to be a stigma about military hunters. I can assure I am not not "one of those guys". I hope to learn as much as I can about the state its regulations and hunting opertunities before I step foot in the field trying to kill somthing. It will be a huge transition moving from AK to OK, I will be moving around December from Fairbanks to Fort Sill. I hope to enjoy OK as much as I have AK. If anyone has questions about hunting in AK I can do my best to answer them and if not direct you in the place. There are any opertunities there to harvets some LARGE animals. Again, Thank you for the welcome.

#17 ·
garrison1012,
Will have to hook up when ya get to Ft.Sill.
I live just 5 minutes from Ft.Sill have hunted on base & all over around the local area here in S.W. OK.

I use to guide in Alaska back in the late 80's through the early 90's.

#19 ·
Figured it was time to introduce a little about me as others on here new & old have.

Location S.W. OK- Medicine Park.
Hunt & fish for just about everything that's legal to harvest or catch.
Committee Member of D.U. & N.W.T.F.
Pro Staffer of Mossy Oak Camo & Hevi-Shot Ammo.
Enjoy the woods & water way more then work ;D .

#20 ·
Just a crusty old E-8 fulltime with the Air Guard in Okla City. Hunt and fish whatever I can get away to hunt and fish for. Yep, you're gonna have to hook up with Gauge when you make it to Sill.

#22 ·
Hello Rodclop! Welcome to the forum! ;D
I also hunt with a crossbow due to a bicep tendon injury. What model crossbow are you shooting?

#25 ·
I shoot the Excaliber Equinox. Not sure what the pull is, but its arrow speed is 350 FPS. (there are compound bows that shoot faster) I love bow hunting and was so dissapointed that I couldn't pull a standard bow, and was missing so much of the deer season. There are those that say its an advantage over a standard bow, but I'd guess that the conventional bow people thought the recurve was too much of an advantage, and the recurve people fought against the compound bow, and so on.

Excaliber recomends a 150 grain broadhead which is the one that I use. Its really accurate. What are you using?

#24 ·
I live in the Yukon-Mustang area and hunt down near Frederick.
Mostly bowhunt but not afraid to pull out the rifles if need be.
ex military but it has been a few years. Here is a picture of me
in Saudi Arabia during Desert Storm. I am the one standing in the picture. Also made the cover of "Soldier of Fortune" that year which was pretty cool.
They interviewed our crew and did an article. It was horrible and the writer
just made stuff up. He wrote that I compared the tank to a rattlesnake from
my home state. Plus he said that I was most afraid of our wing tank leaving us
behind! That did not go over well with the tank commander of our wing tank as
you can imagine, heh heh. Luckily he knew I would never say such a thing and
it was funny in the end.

#28 ·
I always used the Bear razor head for 20 some years in 125 grain. When going to the crossbow, excaliber said that a 150 grain was the most accurate for their setup. Its made by innerloc for them. At the short ranges that I shoot at, it doesn't matter what I shoot, but the innerloc's have done real well. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.