Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After working 19 days straight of mostly 12-15 hour days I finally got 3 days off. Packed the wife and kids up and headed down to the Wichita NWR and went camping. We wasn't in camp 30 minutes and we already seen 2 turkey and 5 deer in camp. We seen them in and out throughout the day each day. Kids got good practice in spot and stalk skills. All in all the family seen deer, turkey, bison, elk, longhorn, prairie dogs, tuns of different birds, snakes and other critters. I became the host of a dozen ticks, which I don't recommend. Nothing worse than trying to remove ticks from places they shouldn't be. We did some fishing and we caught carp, catfish, blue gill, sunfish, and a bass. Both my boys got there biggest fish ever. My 4 year old got him a nice 3 pound or so cat and my 7 year old got about a 10-12 carp. IT WAS AWSOME watching them both fight those fish. I got 3 fish a small carp and 2 blue gill but I was mostly helping the kids and the wife but will have some points to add anyway. Gauge and his wife Kelly plus grandson Dillon came to camp for dinner on Sunday and we met up for lunch yesterday. Was good to see y'all again Craig.
It was a great weekend and I need to get out camping with the family more often.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
I love camping down there at doris campground. Just like you said, the deer walk through the camp.
Sasakwa, a Friend, and I camped down there two years ago for Sasakwa's deer hunt. Guage came out and had a little GT and steak with us. ;D

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would be cool if the elk came through camp.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Yea it would be & throw themselves on the grill to boot.

Nice to see y'all again & thanks again for the invite to dinner & lunch.

Might see ya in July @ Lake Texoma.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would be nice but have to see whats going on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.