Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gun season is upon us. What are you going to carry?

For me, I cycle guns from the safe so that I don't end up with any safe queens. Its easy to settle on one gun, and the rest don't get any attention.
This year, its the Win Model 70 pre 64 classic in .270, and the AR-15 in .243WSSM. Made it to the range last Sunday, and got in some shooting to make sure everything was sighted in. Had to make a small adjustment, but its good to go now.

May have the S&W 65-5 in .45LC on my hip for close shots. ;)

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love the .06. Its my go to gun if SHTF ;)

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Tradition, I hate to break up tradition. Going on my draw hunt this weekend at Okmulgee and have had great luck with the Marlin 336 30-30. It's going again.

·
Registered
840 Posts
The only deer rifle I have right now is my Remington 742 Woodsmaster Custom Deluxe in .30-06, (grandpa's old gun)! Still shooting well!!

I do plan on getting a .300 Win Mag barrel for my Encore sometime.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ruger M-77 7mm Rem Mag. I have a Remington 700 .30-06 I killed my first deer with, but I put a new scope on it two years ago and never sighted it in! My wife actually killed her first buck with the Remington and now refers to it as "her" gun. Funny how that happenes even though I have had it since I was 14!

Both are great and tack drivers.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Three M77's in a row, makes me think my M77 .270 might ought to get out.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
I won't be out but y'all have a good time and bring back lots of pics

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well crap! I had my S&W on my hip at the range this afternoon, and banged the rear sight on a Texas Star that was next to the paper target mount. :mad: Bent the rear sight.
So, it looks like the Ruger .44 mag is going to go this season.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Well it won't be till Monday morning.
The new Remington 11-87 Super magnum with the sure shot grip.
12 GA-3" Winchester Rack Master- 1 1/8oz Slug-1900 fps 3995 Ft.Lbs. It's good out to 150 yards.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Brought the 6.8 AR and my Savage 99 In 308. Colt Delta Elite 10mm and Ruger 45 Colt

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ruger M-77 7mm Rem Mag. I have a Remington 700 .30-06 I killed my first deer with, but I put a new scope on it two years ago and never sighted it in! My wife actually killed her first buck with the Remington and now refers to it as "her" gun. Funny how that happenes even though I have had it since I was 14!

Both are great and tack drivers.
you know what they say "what's hers is hers and what's yours is hers lol."
"Smoke"
don't you just love that delta elite I'm the 10mm. My father in law gave me one as as wedding gift

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Yes, I love the Delta ELite. Sold my Glock 20C to get it. It held more rounds, but just didnt feel good in the hand. Now Dennis, dont be hating. ;)

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
At least you got rid of some tupperware. 8)

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I switch between my Howa 1200 30.06, CVA Stalker .270 and just this year i started carrying my Henry .357.
Let me be the first to welcome you to Oklahoma Hunter!
How do you like that Henry .357? Its a great round in pistol, and should be even better in a rifle. I'm thinking reloading it with powder for longer barrels may make it really good. What is your experience?

Just for our information, how did you find us?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts