Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm asking for your opinion here.

If you could do one thing to make Oklahoma Hunter grow, and get more participants, what would you do?
Be specific, and be honest please.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Dennis, I just went back and read a lot of the topics from when I first joined 4 years ago. A lot of the activity then was spent on the Tavern and we would mostly just log on and visit during the evening hours. Some of the stuff may have been simply What's you all having for supper? There were disscussions on family issues, job issues and every problem that comes down the pike..To me it seems most of these discussions stopped when the hunting contest came along..I'm sure I'll get jumped on and burned but you ask our opinion and this is mine. Since about that time it seems that most of the posts have something to do with taking pictures of anything that has points which is nearly every animal in Oklahoma. We seemed to have forgotten that each one of us have a life after Oklahoma Hunter and to me the hunting contest has brought most of that on..For example...We have an OKC basketball team that is one of the best in the world..If a thread has been started about them I seem to have over looked it. I guess what I'm trying to say is I would much rather read about some members son or daughter graduating from Highshool or college as that member killing a squirrel or armidillo. I know this is a hunting forum and lets don't stop hunting or fishing and if someone kills a nice buck or catches a nice fish..lets see it..But really, ever little bird or animal or fish for some contest that really means nothing..Well Ole Buddy, that's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.......I'll see all yawl tonight at the tavern..Sasakwa

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it possible to place an ad in the new hunting guide?
That might be a thought. I'll check on prices, but as this is a no money coming in, type of forum, it would rely on donations from members to make that happen.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dennis, I just went back and read a lot of the topics from when I first joined 4 years ago. A lot of the activity then was spent on the Tavern and we would mostly just log on and visit during the evening hours. Some of the stuff may have been simply What's you all having for supper? There were disscussions on family issues, job issues and every problem that comes down the pike..To me it seems most of these discussions stopped when the hunting contest came along..I'm sure I'll get jumped on and burned but you ask our opinion and this is mine. Since about that time it seems that most of the posts have something to do with taking pictures of anything that has points which is nearly every animal in Oklahoma. We seemed to have forgotten that each one of us have a life after Oklahoma Hunter and to me the hunting contest has brought most of that on..For example...We have an OKC basketball team that is one of the best in the world..If a thread has been started about them I seem to have over looked it. I guess what I'm trying to say is I would much rather read about some members son or daughter graduating from Highshool or college as that member killing a squirrel or armidillo. I know this is a hunting forum and lets don't stop hunting or fishing and if someone kills a nice buck or catches a nice fish..lets see it..But really, ever little bird or animal or fish for some contest that really means nothing..Well Ole Buddy, that's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.......I'll see all yawl tonight at the tavern..Sasakwa

Duly noted.

Lets hear from the rest of you folks. All opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Dennis, it looks like we have over 220 members..It's not that people don't find the site it just seems they move on after a few days..Maybe if we could have the tavern girl put on a bow shooting expo every week or so it would keep people coming back..I know I certainly would. Let me know tomorrow if I need to point out the archer of whom I speak..anyway......thanks for listening..I now have to go watch the Thunder Roll....

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
We need to get a new theme in stead of this blue & white one for some time now.
Need to see what can be done about it.
The Tavern- It was set up to keep all topics that came up in just one forum.
We all have spent time in that forum & yes it not as occupied as it use to be.
I have been wanting to have giveaways to the Hunting & Fishing contest winners for sometime now.
Figured a set dollar amount per member to enter.Funds would go into a prize account.
We could have hunts to trail cams and game calls to give away to all winning members of the team.
I looked at a few hunting get a ways - A team of 5 members could go on a pheasant hunt if they where to win.
The more money per entry the better the hunt or fishing trip or hunting & fishing gear.

Members- real members is more like 30 vs 220.

This site has been around for quite awhile & yes changes do need to be made.

So all opinions are greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I liked that fall camo theme we had awhile back.

·
Registered
840 Posts
When is the next GT? Maybe we can do some GT striper fishing at Texoma sometime?

I don't know all the details, but perhaps the Oklahoma Hunter membership can form a "society" and join a 501 C-3 nonprofit organization for hunting and fishing opportunities, such as the Oklahoma Outdoor Outreach program. Or take member donations toward sponsoring youth at youth events, DU Greenwing, NWTF JAKES, etc?

I don't know, just thinking out loud at the moment!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts