Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have been back and forth on a membership. I really appreciate the work that both the NRA and NWTF do. Both offer insurance on firearms, but what I've read so far, only the NWTF ofders insurance on archery and fishing equipment as well. What do you guys think? Why can't there be a "bulk pass" which gives you membership in NRA, NWTF, and DU??

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
I'm a member of the NRA, and NWTF. The rules to make a claim are very strict, so read carefully before joining either, if it's just to take advantage of the insurance. NRA is max $1000.00. That won't cover many guns.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was reading as much on NWTF as I could without being a member, and there is a max of $100,000 to cover all hunting and fishing equipment. Like I said, I can't decide which organization to become a member of, and it isn't economical for me at this point to just join them all.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
The organizations aren't the insurers. They allow insurance companies to offer insurance through the organization at a discount to members.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
For insurance on your guns, I'd check with your home owners insurance. A rider covering your guns might not be that much.

·
Registered
541 Posts
For insurance on your guns, I'd check with your home owners insurance. A rider covering your guns might not be that much.
I've got State Farm and my home owners policy only covered 1500 dollars on guns, but I purchased an additional 10,000. Can't remember what it cost but I do remember I thought it was a little high..

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Is all a math thing. Farm Bureau covered me for 5 grand on the policy I had.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
"Why can't there be a "bulk pass" which gives you membership in NRA, NWTF, and DU??"

$$$$$$$$$

1 - 9 of 9 Posts