Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was Elk season on Ft. Sill. Deer seasons also overlaps at the same time. Well, there were more deer hunter and some them just forgot what it is to show respect and courtesy to another hunter who was sent up in a certain area first, but went ahead a set up there anyways. A buddy of mine had that happen to him while trying hunt Elk. Then hunter walked right by and set up to deer hunt within twenty yards and busted my buddy's Elk hunt. My buddy left his set up and told the other hunter what he had done and he was wrong. The other hunter didn't even apologize to him and still kept on hunting.
My buddy left for other spot and again another deer hunt walked in on him and shot a deer next to his set up. The deer hunter walk by my buddy asked him if he has seen anything. My buddy said, " No, thanks to you ruining my hunt."
Both deer hunts didn't ever care that they had ruined my buddy's Elk hunt and don't care about showing good sportsmanship. They are not true hunters in my book.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Well that sucks for your buddy. Seen that happen a few times. I've even walked up on other hunters myself but moved on as quietly as possible. Its hard when ya have so many hunting a small zone.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Yeah, that really sux. The other guys should have moved on if they weren't there first.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
And thats exactly why I will never hunt public hunting here ever again. Ive had that happen to many times to count. I would rather not hunt than have someone ruin it for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts