Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have acquired 400 acres from my parents estate down by the lake eufaula area. I'm not that big of a hunter myself, so i thought about leasing this property out for hunting this year. Does anyone know what the "going rate" is The 400 acres are divided into 3 properties that are all connected. It is about 1/3 wooded and backs up to a large mountain. Has 4 good bass/crappie ponds. My cousin has hunted this for several years, and has taken several trophy deer. I see lots of turkey, squirrel, ducks, quail.

Just wondering. I don't want to get screwed and under price it...but dont want to request some crazy high amount and get no interest.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
first of all, let me welcome you to the forum.
Personally I don't hunt on leased land, so I don't know what it goes for. I do know the price is usually variable, depending on how good the hunting/fishing is, and the location It sounds like you may have a real nice place.
I would try to find a local newspaper and see if any land in your area is up for lease. Call them up and see what they have been getting.
If there is any grass land on it, you might be able to lease it out for cattle in the spring/summer, and hunting lease in the winter. Limited grazing is part of a good conservation practice.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Once you figure out a price let me know. I may be interested and may be able to get a few folks together to lease depending on the price and terms.

What I need is a lease I can take my kids. I am way to leery of taking them out to public land for obvious reasons. You can drop me an email or PM on here once you figure out the cost factor and terms.

Also welcome to the site.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I may also be interested... We are moving to the Tulsa area in May, from out of state. It is just me and my 13 year old son that will be hunting.

·
Vendor
171 Posts
...and I know a non-profit organization for handicapped kids looking for a new lease in that area. Leases typically go from $3-$6 per acre in your area. An outstanding one can bring up to $10, but you have to be able to back up that kind of price or you won't get it leased.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don,t know what the going rate for leasing land is also,sorry, but I need to find out being I have more time to hunt and fish now being I retired from working in October,2009 after the company shut down for good and from a low back injury that has bothered me over the years. I,m wanting to lease land from Plum Creek Timber in Southeast,Ok...they have year around hunting leases with good numbers of deer,wild boar,and turkey on the land they offer to lease every year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts