Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This place has been slower than slow all week. Y'all really that busy that you can only check the boards but post nothing.

Its been a heck of a week for me. My 4 year old freezer took a poo. Luckily my wife caught it in time and we didn't loose any meat and fish but now have lost some other items we didn't have room for in our other 2 freezers. My kids had a slumber party and one of the kids got outa hand and managed to put 3 huge (big enough to crawl through) holes my my $250 8 man tent. Thanks to my wife for not watching them ( I was at work as usual). Found out it gonna cost me nearly $800 to get my truck fixed. Gonna be at least 2 or 3 paydays before I can come up with that much. So I've had a heck of a week. How about the rest of you?

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Working long days as I've taken a new job at the base. Trying to learn several new jobs that go along with it, but I now have only 16 people in my unit that I take care of instead of 150 or so. Then get in late and move some trees and work up a good sweat, take a shower and go to bed. Real exciting I know!!!!

But I am a new proud PaPa. My shop snake had a litter of lil snakes! Wife called me today and said the floor of the shop was crawling and even had some hanging on the big door. But I don't have mice in the shop!!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dry weather has me in full run mode, not a lot of time to chat. A little time this morning waiting on an appointment to show up at 9 am before hitting the road, it has been 8am to 5pm none stop. Get home and once chores are done it's supper, shower, and bed.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm teaching a Field Studies camp for high school students and have very limited time/access to internet. Been down here since June 6 and I'll be back home in about a week and a half.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Wheat harvest all I've got to say.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear better excuses from my junior folks every day. LOL JK ;D ;D ;D

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
I hear better excuses from my junior folks every day. LOL JK ;D ;D ;D
Alarm went off at 5 am this morning, and its 2130 hours now. Haven't had supper yet, but its on the stove.
I'll get to bed and get about 6 hours sleep, and do it again tomorrow. If you have some free time, I could use some help? ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
We going paddlefishing then Dennis...I'll make up some free time. :D ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Work,and take the grandson fishing when it cools off @ night. ;D ;D
Hard life,I know -someones got to do it though ha Bull? ;D

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tell me about it. Nearly got into a fist fight with one of my bosses yesterday. I'm going back to the mid shift 10pm-7am Sun-Thur. He still insisted I work tonight (I didn't) and be in on Sunday but he gave 2 others a 3 day weekend off. I told him he could kiss my MFA that I was gonna only have 1 day off (I actually think today is my first day off this month I can't remember). He didn't like it. We are the same rank so what did I care. I also happen to be senior than him. Its been a crazy week and I blew my top. Sure felt good. Good thing for job security. Sorry for the vent been a crazy day here at home as well.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Think this heat has a lot of folks on a short fuse. Wife said she saw 3 almost fights at Wally World and the grocery store just today. Gawd I hate town! Did go down to Thunder Vallery drag strip to watch a buddy do a first run on his 500HP '78 280Z (with a small block) and lo and behold a dude from Edmond ran his Top Fuel nitro car. Now that was worth it!!!!! He just hit it for 300ft and coasted the rest of the way for an 8.45 @ 145 mph.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Well, lets see......In the field at 0630 this morning.....1900 hours when getting home.
Gotta meet up with some truckers at 0630 in the morning to spread 10 semi loads of rock on our range with the tractor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts