Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all have that one place or animal that we dream of going to and after. Some may have done it already and others like me still dream of it.

Lets hear that fantasy that still keeps you worked up.

For me its not so much a place as it is an animal. I'd love to hunt Alaska but without a dought my dream is to harvest a bear. Sense I was knee high to a ant I have had an obsession with bears. I can't explain why or what it is about them that drives me. But if I had only 1 game animal to go after it would be a bear.

Up until this past July I actually hadn't even seen a live bear in the wild only in a zoo. I saw a loan brown bear in Alaska and nearly bust a nut watching it catch salmon in the crick. My whole life I waited for that moment and to finally live it was more than I could take.

I have been very close to them in the wild over the years but never actually saw them. I did find a dead one once but it wasn't the same. Had hunting partners run into them who had been less than 100y away from me. Had them sleep next to the camp fire at night only to leave a gift in the morning. Seen there tracks atop my own and some big ones at that. I'm sure it will have some day and when that day comes I can die a happy man.

I'd like to know what drives y'all.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
An African Safari after the dangerous 5 is my fantasy hunt. For whatever reason, I've always enjoyed hunting animals that have the capability to hunt back.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This will be my first year of hunting, so I'm sure my dream hunt will change as I get into the flow of things. But for now, my biggest goal is to eventually go Elk hunting in Montana, Colorado, etc. I enjoy seeing many different types of animals, but the elk is just spectacular to me. There are other places to hunt elk, but a trip to Montana or somewhere like that would be icing on the cake.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Alaska ,Spoiled me.
So,I would have to say a Marco Polo Sheep hunt or A Greater Kudu.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
A bow hunt for bugling elk in the aspens would fill my bill. I don't think there is any prettier country or time of year than that. And to get one within bow range would make my heart jump out of my chest.

·
Registered
918 Posts
My dream is Africa and as of right now I am going next Aug to Namibia. I found a good deal at the Backwoods show last weekend and am trying to get a few more guys to go before I send my deposit. But even if I cant I will still go.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I know what you mean' I went to the backwoods show last year, and just about booked a trip to Nambia. My wife beating me about the head and shoulders was the only thing that stopped me. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dall Sheep iun Alaska. However i would perfer it be a float hunt (so I can hunt moose, bear and caribou on the way out). Second would be a griz hunt with a bow!! Always wanted to do that.

Have been off the net for a while shoping around rural internet that isnt slow is very difficult!!

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
We live in the sticks too, and finally got wireless, but its still not very fast.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The wife popped the question to me as to when I'd like to partake in a bear hunt and where. ;D Then she handed me the to do list and said we could talk more once its done. Talk about excitement to a flat tire in 2 seconds. ???

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I beet.
Did ya tell her..."Alaska"-Kodiak Island- Oogala bay. Monster Brown Bear area.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I beet.
Did ya tell her..."Alaska"-Kodiak Island- Oogala bay. Monster Brown Bear area.
I don't have 20k+ to drop for that but I'd love it.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Bull she did ask ya though. Hint Hint. J/K. ;D maybe

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bull she did ask ya though. Hint Hint. J/K. ;D maybe
Why ya wanna go with me? I know a bear guide outa Hoonah, AK.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Sure,Ya flipping the Bill for everything ..I'm All in.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts