Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm planning on going dove huntin' in a week or so, what your favorite lip smackin' way to fix 'em?

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Chicken fry steak um.

Whole breast with a jalapeno in the middle stuffed with cream cheese & salad fixing's wrapped with bacon then BBQ'ed.

Breast sliced & soaked for 12hr in your favorite hot sauce.Then lightly floured & fry'ed.

Dove ka-bobs too.

·
Administrator
13,918 Posts
any way you wanna cook em as long as they are wrapped in bacon!:D
We ate dove last Sat that was left over from last year after an afternoon of clay bird shooting.:D

·
Registered
717 Posts
Roll em in seasoned flour and brown them.Take them out and make brown gravy.I use a can of beef broth but use red wine instead of water to mix your flour thickener.After the gravy is made put the browned meat back in and slow cook for about 45 min. to an hour.I like to put them over flat noodles but you could use rice or mashed spuds.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Old fashioned fried with mashed taters and gravy.

·
Administrator
13,918 Posts
Roll em in seasoned flour and brown them.Take them out and make brown gravy.I use a can of beef broth but use red wine instead of water to mix your flour thickener.After the gravy is made put the browned meat back in and slow cook for about 45 min. to an hour.I like to put them over flat noodles but you could use rice or mashed spuds.
Daaum! that sounds quite tasty! Do you put any veggies with them in the slow cooking process?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts