Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After loading a few new pic's and looking through the 842 I have on photobucket I figured I'd start something new.

Whats your favorite toy you have that will put'm down range.

Pistol wise this it hands down it for me.

Ruger Redhawk (no not a super) .44 Mag

Rifle its my dear sweet and dust collecting (been too long sense I lived in a place I could hunt with it) thumper

Remington 700 7mm Mag

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Well, as far as pistols.... I've killed more game with the .22 Ruger Mark three hunter. Game being frogs, dillers, and assorted small game.
Big game has been the Ruger Super redhawk, or the 1911. Tied on deer taken with each.

Rifles.......I don't know that there is a favorite. Each has its purpose in life. Some for varmint, some for long range work.
Probably the most fun would be the ar platforms. Not much recoil, and lots of firepower. ;D ;D

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice. Love them wheel guns.

·
Registered
92 Posts
favorite pistol(s)...T/C Contender i have a 10" octagon 45LC/.410 barrel. its what i carry fishing in the summer on the river and for deer hunting side arm wehn you remove the choke. also have 'super 14' 14" heavy stainless .223 with a T/C 2-7x32 reciol proof scope. put that rig together to hunt coyotes but have never got a shot with it at one :(

next would be my ole mans .41 mag black hawk...just love it thats all there is to it

Rifles...NEF .22 hornet i call it a poormans contender or encore since you can have other barrels put on it in numeroous calibers. i have not yet got any for it but all in time.

then there is old reliable...my US model 1917 enfield 30-06 that has been nicely sporterized with a walnut monte carlo stock and then i replaced the beat up bushnell with a leapold rifleman 3-9x40

shotgun... grandads model 12 winchester. self explanitory since its a model 12. will be mine one day.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Love those model 12's ;D Amazing how much machine work and detail they put into those guns. Main reason they quit making them. The factory just couldn't compete with the stamped out parts guns.

I'm going to an auction tomorrow afternoon that has a model 12, 16 ga. Make a nice companion to the 12 ga.

·
Registered
92 Posts
my dads cousin in cushing has a pair of 16 gauge model 12s that look brand new... i really want one in 20 gauge for bird huntin. had chace about 2 years ago to get one but didnt quite have enough cash or anything i wanted to trade...oh well...i think its Mcvays in ponca last time i was in there they had 2 browning built model 12s from like the 80s or 90s but they want good change for them

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Couldn't get to the auction today, but had a friend that went and gave him a price I'd be willing to pay.....the darned thing went for almost a grand! :eek:
Guns at auctions always go high, but that is stupid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts