Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
13,740 Posts
That was funny! I bet he didn't get 10 lb of good meat off that carcass.
Had something similar happen to me. I bought a new 82 Ford Broncho. At the time was big into hunting rabbits with beagles. Kept the dog in the back in a kennel, and the dead rabbits behind the seat front seat in a 5 gallon bucket.
Shot one close to the truck when getting out and put it in the bucket so I didn't have to carry it around. About 30 minutes later after hunting the field, we walked back to the truck and heard a strange "thumping" sound coming from the truck.
Opening the door, the rabbit that I'd just put in the bucket was very much alive, bleeding heavily and jumping from the front to the back of the truck. It looked like the Texas chain saw massacre had just happened.
Learned a valuable lesson that day. When you kill one, step on the head, pull up on the back legs and that issue will never happen again. They bleed out really well.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
I had an old beater Civic that I used to drive 35 miles one way to work and 35 miles back. I had to put a quart and a half of oil in for each leg of the journey.

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Murph, count the hooves and divide by 4. Any good cowboy knows that! :LOL::LOL:

·
Administrator
13,740 Posts
How many cows on that trailer? I would have to kidnap mike miller and take him just to keep the knives sharp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
5 cows. Our group topped a ridge, saw the herd and took the shot. 4 dropped instantly, one required a second shot.

One of Mr Millers fine blades did a lot of skinning that day. Still sharp when done too.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
5 cows. Our group topped a ridge, saw the herd and took the shot. 4 dropped instantly, one required a second shot.

One of Mr Millers fine blades did a lot of skinning that day. Still sharp when done too.
I’m still amazed every time I us my knife he made how sharp it has stayed.

·
Administrator
13,740 Posts
I’m still amazed every time I us my knife he made how sharp it has stayed.

Great knife making skills and knowing how to heat treat the blade is my guess.

·
Super Moderator
10,661 Posts
My wife loves her knife she received for Christmas. Uses it for everything she can.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts