·
Administrator
13,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Bird (this time)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I personally do not have such great confidence in these vaccines and will advise you to be careful. In general, I'm so sad that this whole coronavirus thing has ruined thousands of plans for us all, and I'm waiting for it to end sooner so we can get back to the normal life we had. The other day I had to do an antigen swab test and it's good that I found out that I didn't have covid, because my wife was infected and I thought I had it too, but I escaped.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I've got a nephew who's a pretty smart feller, good country common sense and a doctor. He's taking it and we've had long discussions about it. With my wife's health issues, I'll take it.

Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Registered
81 Posts
My wife is a RN in OKC and she had to be convinced by a MD whom we both respect and trust for her to sign up for the shots. There are some unknowns but can guarantee the amount of testing involved to get it out this quick had to have been HUGE so likely unless you've got some underlying condition it'll be fine and similar to flu shot. Next door neighbor, wife and 2 grandkids(adopted) got it. Husband was out of commission 4 weeks and still gets winded and will start coughing. Dr said that may last a couple of weeks. He didn't have health issues prior to catching it - no diabetes, high blood pressure...

Yeah, I'd take the shot to keep from a possible 4-6 week shut down...especially while we have a month left of archery season!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I’m hearing I’ve got to wait 3 months before I can get it since I’m still recovering from Covid. I’m taking it as soon as I get the green light.

·
Administrator
13,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don’t know when my turn is going to be but I’ll take it.
The only story out so far of a bad reaction is from a middle aged lady in Alaska that got an anaphylactic attack that was stopped with some medicine.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Because I work at COVID testing sites with the nurses, I could technically fit in phase 1. Really I fall in phase 2 working for a public health agency. I've already volunteered my dose to someone else. I have a family history of adverse reactions to vaccines and I'm going to wait it out a while. It's not a political decision, I'm not questioning the science, I just have to make a personal choice that works for me.

·
Super Moderator
10,523 Posts
I’ve been in contact with at least 100 people who’ve tested positive and I just got my 12th negative test back yesterday. Had enough reactions and issues from years of Uncle Sams shot therapy. I’ll pass on it for awhile.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
The wife has the say in this. She had blood clots in her lungs so bad they hospitalized in the midst of this covid thing. She is very scared, right to the edge of paranoid. We are high risk seniors. If she says we get it, we get it. If it gives her peace of mind it gives me peace.

But I am am going to suggest we don't get in a big rush. We need to have some feed back on how they work, how long they work and how well they work.

More info is need before I agree with her to get it. We have been isolated for 11 months now, we can continue to isolate for a little while longer.

·
Super Moderator
10,523 Posts
I’ve tried posting a couple videos but it won’t let me. 2 videos of Doc’s on TV getting a syringe stuck in their arm but the syringe is empty and you can clearly see that it is and also the Doc administering it no pushing on the plunger. 1 was from the United Health Organization and the other Johns Hopkins Med a enter. Also had a video of a nurse getting it then within minutes she felt dizzy and passed out while doing a news interview. You could she was actually injected with something.
Due to a law created back in 2009, and rarely used, you cannot sue any of these manufacturers for side effects as a result of taking the vaccine. This little known law was specifically used to help grant immunity to these drug manufacturers so they could push these vaccines out quicker. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...accine-side-effects-compensation-lawsuit.html
It’s also my understanding that some other countries have said they will not give them legal immunity and as a result Pfizer & Moderna have said they will not distribute the vaccine to those countries.
My pod at work is now an isolation pod (As of yesterday) which means I have to be in full medical scrubs and gear for 12 hours a day. The only advantage is I receive special pay now which will come in very handy. It’s like being in MOP level 4 but no drills to run. On a dawn side our director has now said that if and when the vaccine becomes mandatory we either get it or are terminated. Can’t imagine how they will operate when everyone’s been terminated.

·
Administrator
13,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've seen where some are getting reactions now, but the vast majority aren't. That was pretty silly of them to fake an injection.

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Super Moderator
10,523 Posts
I've seen where some are getting reactions now, but the vast majority aren't. That was pretty silly of them to fake an injection.
Saw on the news last night Nancy Pelosi’s video of her getting the shot for all the world to see. Only problem is they never took the orange needle cap off Lol. She never actually got the shot either.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I thought a couple of weeks ago the drug companies said that they had a vaccine that was showing NO SIDE EFFECTS. So somewhere, someone either lied to us or someone lied to us. (I think someone lied to us.)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Funny how people are scared to eat genetically modified food but won't bat an eye at genetically modifying their own body with an mrna vaccine. No thanks. Ill take my chances. Had it once and lived.

·
Administrator
13,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm still on the fence.
Millions have take the vaccine now with zero side effects other than a little soreness at the injection site.

A few have exhibited any side effects. The media has focused on these few while millions of Americans have had zero effects.

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm still on the fence.
Millions have take the vaccine now with zero side effects other than a little soreness at the injection site.

A few have exhibited any side effects. The media has focused on these few while millions of Americans have had zero effects.
So, they are still focused on the exception instead of the rule?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
13,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, they are still focused on the exception instead of the rule?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Haven’t watched much TV in the last couple of days so I can’t honestly answer that.

·
Administrator
13,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I personally do not have such great confidence in these vaccines and will advise you to be careful. In general, I'm so sad that this whole coronavirus thing has ruined thousands of plans for us all, and I'm waiting for it to end sooner so we can get back to the normal life we had. The other day I had to do an antigen swab test and it's good that I found out that I didn't have covid, because my wife was infected and I thought I had it too, but I escaped.
The Antigen rapid swab test you linked is not available for sale nor use in the US. Where did you get it?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts