Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where has the time gone? It just seem like was yesterday when my was 4 year old grandson, Jesse, I took duck hunting for the first time. Now here it is seven years later and he is 11 years old now. In those seven year things have changed. He has grown into quite the little man. He has been through a lot the last past 8 month for not being able to go school to be with his friends because of the Covid-19 virus and dealing with his Dad having cancer. I try to take him and his brother fishing and hunting when I have the time and weather permits so we can share Papa and grandson time together. I look at all the fishing and hunting photos I have of them and know that they are memories that I will cherish and not forget. Sometimes I wish that Jesse was 4 years old again so I can see the smile on face when he said, " Papa! Papa! I shot the duck!" Has parents and grandparents we know that our child or grandchild will not be little anymore and we must let them grow up. Love them with all your heart and give them the best memories that they will never forget.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,579 Posts
Great memories. My kids are grown now. When they were younger they were doing the same as yours with myself. We didn't have the phone photo's we have now.
The Grandkids are city slickers in Tx now. They wouldn't know what a firearm is about now and don't care because of public education.
I sure remember when I was in grade school about people coming in to teach gun safety for the students.
It's a shame that doesn't happen now.
All guns are bad under the current teachings in most schools. There are exceptions.

Reactions: baby

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
It is crazy how time flies now days. My grand daughters 12th birthday was last week and it seems like it was only a week ago that I first got to hold a little baby.

Reactions: baby
1 - 3 of 3 Posts