Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Well, my main hunting buddy is in his 60s, he has health problems and definitely can't drag out a deer. Especially not some of the places we hunt where it's 3/4 mile walk from the road to our stands. I've gladly drug out two deer for him, one that weighed as much as me (that was a bitch).

I asked him one day what he would do if he shot one and I couldn't come get it out, he replied "I guess I'd start a fire and start eating". You could always try that.

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
Well, my main hunting buddy is in his 60s, he has health problems and definitely can't drag out a deer. Especially not some of the places we hunt where it's 3/4 mile walk from the road to our stands. I've gladly drug out two deer for him, one that weighed as much as me (that was a bitch).

I asked him one day what he would do if he shot one and I couldn't come get it out, he replied "I guess I'd start a fire and start eating". You could always try that.
Lots of people quarter them up and pack them out as well.

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
Some people can't read well. I have health issues. I either have to be able to find affordable hired help or just eat beef when comes to eating critters that formerly stood on the hoof. I can handle a limit of dove or pheasant on my own though.
I can read just fine. It’s trying to make sense of what’s written that’s the hard part. Hard to tell if it’s fiction or non fiction most of the time.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts