Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this site last year and really enjoyed all the stories and reports. Been gone for awhile (lost the sight) lol. Now found y'all again and doesnt seem to be much talk or reports this year. I enjoyed all the advice I got especially from Dennis bout hunting Kaw wma last year and it paid off with three good size does. Didn't pull trigger on the small bucks let them grow a little. Where is everybody? Glad to be back

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
A lot of us have been busy with work. I haven't heard much out of anybody lately except for Bullbuster. Dennis pops up once in awhile but it has just been a very busy time for us all.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
I have been around. Just got off active duty Navy and am now with the Air Force so thats kept me running around. Also inwork on my Taxidermy gig/stuff.
The site slows down a bit in the fall with everyone out and about hunting and such.

Welcome to the site. Tell us a bit about yourself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm 30 with a wife and two kiddos, my son is 8 and my daughter just turned 5 yesterday. I have been deer hunting since I was 14 and fishing all my life. I have really gotten into fishing bass tournaments the last few years, and started duck hunting few years back also. I have been hunting public land almost entirely started out hunting Cherokee pha and seen and took several deer from there. Started getting tired of only shooting smaller deer so I started hunting at Kaw wma bout three years ago. Didn't have much luck there until last two years finally got away from the crowd and started getting some of those big body deer. With my best buck also coming from there a average size 10 pt that weighed 147lbs. Have also been fortunate enough to shoot two does over 120. This past blackpowder I took my son with me for his first full trip and we got a small doe but his smile made it ok with me. He actually spotted the deer first. I think I've dragged it out long enough, lol. If there's anything else you would like to know just hit me up. Glad to be back

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Good to see ya back on the board!
Sounds like your luck at Kaw WMA has turned around for you. Seeing ducks out there yet?

·
Registered
840 Posts
We're all here. It's just been a slow season for most of us! ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My luck had changed at Kaw but during blackpowder I tried to get to the same spot I found and the weeds were thick and taller than my truck. So I had to go somewhere else. During rifle I plan to go back to my honey hole there and put up a stand so I can see over that stuff and find some deer. Haven't been up there since BP season so not sure bout the ducks yet there always seems to be plenty there during rifle. Seen several hunters having luck midday last few years and never take the shotgun planning on doing that this year though. Will try give report when I get there on ducks and deer.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Aigain welcome to the forum. Where abouts did you say you lived?

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Welcome back to the site Chris JR.
Sounds like your season has been good for you & your family.

My new job has been the problem with my hunting this fall.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Oh shoot you ain't too far from me then. I live just west of Tinker AFB.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Welcome Chris! I live in Okemah, but work in McLoud.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts