Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went this morning and everything was perfect and beautiful . . . until I whiffed the nice 8 point I have been watching all summer (the one in the pic a couple threads down with the spike)! I'm not quite sure what happened. I shot for 30 and he was more like 27. I think he ducked a bit, too. I watched my arrow sail just over him.

I'm going to give him a few days to calm down (hopefully) and try this weekend. Hopefully the wind will still be in my favor.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
I hate it when that happens!

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
It's going to happen sooner or later. Look at it this way.. Better a clean miss than a wounding shot that sending him 3 counties over. Chin up and keep after them.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Last time I went to Big Mac I watched my buddy zing one right over a bucks back, he came through the trees and gave me a shot, whifffffff, over his back. Damn no sights. :mad:

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Feel for ya, not very many of us that haven't done that before. Keep after him and at least you got to see up close and personal the one buck you were looking for. That in and of it's self is pretty impressive.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I was pretty pissed at myself yesterday but I'm ok now! 8) Bull, I am very thankful for a clean miss!

Bird, I was stoked about seeing one of the bucks I was after. I have put in some time scouting and working the property so it was nice to see that I got it right. I am going after them this weekend, so hopefully he or another shows up. Since it is supposed to be cold, I may take (at least try!) a doe.

I will also check the cam that I have there, I am pretty sure the 8 point and his 6 point buddy will be on cam when I missed. I hope I have a good picture of the 6, that was the first time I had seen him and he might be the biggest 6 I have ever seen! I actually drew on him first but when I saw he did not have brow tines I let down and waited for the 8 to come in. Unless I was seeing things, I think the 6 is 17 or 18 inches wide!

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Yep, gotta remember that's why it's called hunting instead of shooting deer. Sounds like you've got some dandies running all over the place there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts