Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Got a powder question for y’all loaders…
Anyone ever use Hodgdon Accurate 1680 or #5 powder? What reload did you use it for. Found some today but passed as I couldn’t find any load data on my phone that called for either.
Hodgdon site says magnum style pistol or small capacity rifle cases. Still didn’t see it listed in any load data.
Scored another 500 CCI #41 primers for $7.50 per 100. Cheapest I’ve seen them and I wanted more so…..

Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Hmm, if only we had a section where we could ask these kinds of questions and post things we find that might benefit others in their reloading experience.
Still working on that one. Your idea is surely noted!

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
"Surely", or "surly"? :D

What a wonderful language we have that the inclusion or absence of a vowel can mean two different things.
I really hate voice text sometimes and it’s cousin auto correct.

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well it’s not much to look at but it’s finally set up. Been wanting to get this going again for many years.
I’m still waiting on 3 sets of dies that went on back order but the other 4 sets of dies are due for delivery this week. Just need some powder and bullets and an endless supply of primers.
Wife’s gonna be in Denver this week and will have my powder/ bullet/ primer shopping list just incase.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
One tool I don't see that may come in handy, a bullet puller. RCBS version looks like a green plastic hammer. They are handy to erase loading mistakes.

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
One tool I don't see that may come in handy, a bullet puller. RCBS version looks like a green plastic hammer. They are handy to erase loading mistakes.
You are correct. I do not have one YET. It’s on my next order list.

·
Registered
375 Posts
You are correct. I do not have one YET. It’s on my next order list.
I used an RCBS one for years, and thought it was pretty good. Lost parts of it during a move and ordered a Frankfurt Arsenal one. Seemed similar, but was an absolute pain to use. I junked it. Need to get another RCBS puller myself.

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
I use the collet style puller that is like a die and is used with the press.

Reactions: Bird (this time)

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I used an RCBS one for years, and thought it was pretty good. Lost parts of it during a move and ordered a Frankfurt Arsenal one. Seemed similar, but was an absolute pain to use. I junked it. Need to get another RCBS puller myself.
I can get one of the hammer style on the Bushnell site with my discount for $16.37. that’s almost $10 off the regular price of $25.61.
Dennis if you see they style you have on that site can you send me the item number. I haven’t a clue on that style of puller.

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
I can get one of the hammer style on the Bushnell site with my discount for $16.37. that’s almost $10 off the regular price of $25.61.
Dennis if you see they style you have on that site can you send me the item number. I haven’t a clue on that style of puller.
I haven’t been to that site yet after qualifying but here is the RCBS home site with SKU numbers that you should be able to use.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts