Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
I picked up a Ruger 345 a while back, I love it!! A couple weeks ago I bought a 5 1/2 inch Ruger super blackhawk 44 mag. Loaded it up with some Buffalo Bore ammo from Cabelas and been waiting for the right doe to come along. ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
And ...KA-BOOM hah Farmboy?

·
Administrator
14,052 Posts
Blast from the past here! Been doing a lot of reading killing time. Anything ever happen to the fella that broke into your home? Any guns ever returned?
He went to prison for meth and theft charges in 08 and has a couple years to serve. Not his first time in the slammer either, so when they sentenced him he got the max time the court could give him.

Reactions: retrieverman

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
I’ve got a Ruger Redhawk .44

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
I’ve got a Super Blackhawk in .44 mag and love it thing shoots great! I’m going to try getting a deer with it this year if I can. Anyone have experience in that?
Not a deer but I did use mine a bear this spring. That another heartache story…

·
Registered
152 Posts
I’ve had several Blackhawks over the years, but I’ve never had a Redhawk. I don’t know why, but I’d kind of like to try one. I’ve also had a couple or three Smith 629 44’s and one 396 44 Special (that I really regret selling), and now I have the 329 Night Guard and am planning to hang on to it. In my part of the world, I really don’t have a “need” for a 44, but I really enjoy loading for and shooting one.

·
Administrator
14,052 Posts
I have the Super Redhawk in .44 mag. It stays on my hip in bear country.
I load a lot of rounds with it, both mild to wild.
The wild loads will put a hurtin’ on your wrist.
I couldn’t find the bullets I wanted before starting this trip, so an internet search found some 260 grain solid copper Buffalo Bore brand that advertises 1500 fps on the box.
These big grizzlies need penetration vs expansion to be effective.
Retrieverman, if you want to shoot one, remind me deer season and I’ll bring it over.
Bear, I’ve taken 4 deer with the .44 mag. All died within 50 yards. For Deer I load a 230 grain JHP with H-110 and a magnum pistol primer.
Then again I’ve killed them with .45acp and .45 Colt too.

·
Registered
375 Posts
44 Ruger Blackhawk 3 screw, .444 Marlin Encore, 45-70 Encore, 7mm/08 Lone Eagle. My favorite of all my pistols is a .41mag Ruger Blackhawk 3 screw though.
I've a nearly NIB three screw in .41 mag myself. Fantastic revolver. Goes well with my 45 Colt and two .357 three screws. I have a fondness for these handguns.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts