Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Yeah, as in an unconverted one feels twice as nice as a transfer bar, new model.

Plus you can run hot loads in them as long as your hands will stand and not have to worry about the gun.

My 45 Colt just for grins:
View attachment 6663
View attachment 6664
I’ve heard nothing but great things about them as far as durability. You can load them hot as you can stand. (Reasonably of course)

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Good looking pistol! I don’t hate on a Taurus, what’s the round count you think?
I’m betting it’s 8-10 rounds. I hate that my Kimber 1911 is only a single stack 7 round Mag. I carry a second Mag when I take it out for long walks.

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
I’m betting it’s 8-10 rounds. I hate that my Kimber 1911 is only a single stack 7 round Mag. I carry a second Mag when I take it out for long walks.
Get some 10 round mags for that 1911 from Wilson Combat. They extend past the mag well but give 11 shot capacity to the 1911 with one in the tube.
I used them for a couple years in USPSA pistol competition. 100% reliable.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
I've got 4 of the 10rd Wilson mags and they work great. I've shot this pistol a lot while I was in the Air Guard marksmanship team. At last count I was over 13k rnds in 9yrs of free gov issued ammo (I miss that stuff) and close to another 2k of ammo that I bought or reloaded at home. Still has all the original parts.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I've got 4 of the 10rd Wilson mags and they work great. I've shot this pistol a lot while I was in the Air Guard marksmanship team. At last count I was over 13k rnds in 9yrs of free gov issued ammo (I miss that stuff) and close to another 2k of ammo that I bought or reloaded at home. Still has all the original parts.
That’s a heck of a count for a pistol many would say could never stand up to that many rounds. I’m a big fan and have never been let down by them. I hear things about customer service but many many winters ago when I had an issue it was easy getting handled.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
I did a test using white box Winchester ammo to see how many rounds before it'd go without cleaning. At 150rnds started to get some fail to go into battery but a bump and they'd chamber and it'd more often than not keep functioning. It was many more rounds before it finally got to dirty to work. If I remember right it was near 300.

Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I did a test using white box Winchester ammo to see how many rounds before it'd go without cleaning. At 150rnds started to get some fail to go into battery but a bump and they'd chamber and it'd more often than not keep functioning. It was many more rounds before it finally got to dirty to work. If I remember right it was near 300.
Think I would bet my life on it, it seems to be a pistol that’s proven itself reliable.

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
I did the same endurance test with my Kimber Stainless Target II.
I was using it in the aforementioned USPSA matches. It went over 1000 rounds flawlessly with some oil applications on the wear points between matches.
It was ugly. Black residue around the muzzle, trigger and slide. My hands needed wiped down after shooting it.
On another gun forum, they like to trash Kimbers.
I’ve invited them to a side by side endurance test with their custom guns. None have taken the challenge.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Guns are like bras, some fit ya and work well and some don't regardless of brand. 😁

Reactions: dennishoddy
41 - 55 of 55 Posts