Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deer muzzleloader season starts this Saturday. 8)
Time to try and fill a tag or 3. ;D ::) ;D
Me a few other from the site will be out in woods Saturday morning waiting for a deer.

Anyone else heading to the woods this weekend?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Headed out Friday after I get off work. Have a couple of shooters on the game camera.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Hay Smokewagon if you have any trouble with them critters. I know a guy with a bow that will lend a hand ::)

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I'd take either one of them ;)

My MZ season is going to suck. We are still working 6 ten hour days, but I might whine and get in a Sat evening hunt, along with a full day Sunday. They want the Unit back on line by Monday, Nov 1, so we will be working 7 straight next week. :'(

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Smokewagon:Nice bucks. Hope to see a photo of 1.

Dennis:Work, no matter what we do always seems to get in the way of Hunting.
I'm on call this weekend & next but going anyways...I need meat in the freezer to get us by for the year.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
And for kabobs for when friends stop by ;D

·
Registered
31 Posts
i'll b there hopin I can make that knight sing out early saturday morning. if not i'll just shoot it n the air

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Good luck everyone. I'll be sitting in my chair at work all weekend. A couple junior SOB's can't pull there head outa there arse so we all get a wonderfull 12 day work week.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Went Sat morning and didn't see a thing at my neighbors house that was crawling with 'em last month. Got to go to Fayettville Ar for work next week but should be out and about next weekend.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Saw a 7 does on Saturday evening, after I " got to feeling ill at work Sat" ;)

Took a couple of pics I'll post later. Rain, and the neighbors cows that got into the milo field, and a pesky limb, pretty much busted me on Sunday. More on that later.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Got a little story to tell myself ;D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went hunting in South East Oklahoma during black powder. First day saw several deer. No shooters. Second day... Same thing. Third day rain. Fourth Day didnt see any deer until i got in my truck and then the biggest deer I have ever seen walked 50 yards in front of my truck. I just gave him the finger. Maybe I will have better luck during Rifle season. I went scouting two days ago behind my house and saw two really nice rubs.
I just prefer to get totally away from the house when im hunting.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
At least you got to see deer. Thats a +.
I know what you mean about getting away from the house. We have deer and turkey in our yard most every day, and they pretty much get a free pass.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts