Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on Slackers! Lets see some pics, or at least stories of those that went out, and didn't kill, but saw them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I ended up not even going out, hung a new stand though. I'll be honest, I usually horn hunt early, then shoot does when it gets colder since I butcher up my own meat. Not seeing any buck on cam that get me going. I have a couple does picked out for later on, though.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I'm in my blind now. Haven't seen a deer. Did shoot 2 dillas. I've seen some nice Toms. But they wouldn't come close enough for a shot.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get pics of the dillers if you can. We need points ;D

·
Registered
451 Posts
I went out sat. morning. Didnt see anything til about 9 am, then the woods came alive. Ended up with 5 bucks and 2 does all coming within 30 yds or less, all in a 30 min time frame. I also got to watch a young bobcat kill a squirrel about 60 yds from me, THAT WAS COOL!! The bucks were running in two seperate groups and I would say split by age. The first two in were obvious 1 1/2 year deer, but one was already sporting 9 points. These two got nervous and took off when the other 3 showed up. These looked like solid 2 1/2 year bucks, wider spreads with more mass, gonna be good with an few more years to grow.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
I went out and had a heck of a day. Was many first for me and my daughter all around. Will start new post due to it being a long story. Dennis here is a pic to tide you over of my harvest.
Details of it will be in my story post.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I got one at 0945 this morning. Zapped her at 23 yards. Quartering away. Arrow went through so fast I thought I had missed. I found my arrow and it had ZERO blood on it. I couldnt believe it. The fleching looked brand new. The
broadhead was toast though. Then I smelled the arrow and could smell the deer. I looked for blood and found the trail. Found her about 40 yards away. The exit hole is unbelievable from the Rage broadhead. Entrance took out the last rib and still zipped through without leaving any blood on arrow. Yes, i know what your thinking, impossible, but I saw it , or rather didnt see it with my own
eyes.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet!! Those broadheads certainly did the trick, finding her at 40yds.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Congrats. Thats good eating.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Cool deal.
Putting the rage threw the cage & down she went..congrates.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went out Saturday morning and seen three big does about 60 Yds away and about twenty mins after that seen six point roughly the same spot. It got my blood pumping for sure

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Gonna head back out on Sat and take my oldest boy along. Maybe I'll get a better chance this time around now that I know the area better where I had seen deer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts