Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oct. 1st is almost here. Who is ready for the archery season? I'm thinking of getting a deer archery tag and a turkey tag.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I would be, but I have to work this weekend. Oh the fun!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm trying to find a few places to go hunt around here aside from my ML quota hunt. The WMA isn't open yet for archery season. If it stays closed I'll be one of the first on it to hunt come ML season.
I know a couple areas south of me but they are hard for a down and back for the day.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I am ready for October to get here so I can get ready for November Waterfowl season.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Good luck everybody!

I have to work everyday but one until October 16, so I will be with you in spirit! ;D

·
Registered
840 Posts
Oct. 1st is almost here. Who is ready for the archery season? I'm thinking of getting a deer archery tag and a turkey tag.
Get a lifetime license. As much as you like to hunt, it'll pay for itself in about 6 years. Between the deer, waterfowl, and turkey, mine has already payed for itself.

I've been very anxiously waiting this weekend. I don't remember ever getting to hunt opening morning. This is the first time I can actually remember it being on a weekend. It only happens that way every 7 or 8 years.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am more excited than a fat kid at GoldeN Corral!! I have all next week off for Elk archery, then another week of archery deer followed by Muzzleloader season on Sill.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okherp-I have a 5 year combo and don't want to waste what I paid for it to get a lifetime. When it expires I will. I am also waiting to see how much disability the VA gives me. If its 60% or more I get a free lifetime combo. My wife has one and I hate her for it lol.

I'm so pumped to get out this weekend. I got my Grady county WMA map in the mail today and called the biologist and its GTG for archery season. So I will likely take my boys along and see what we can kick up while scouting for my ML hunt. Maybe get a turkey if we get lucky.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I'm ready and excited. I'm off for opener for the first time in a long time. Hope to blood my crossbow with it's first deer kill.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bring on the gut pile. Who here will draw first blood.

Team Gamegetters lets bring the points home!!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Just waiting for Muzzle loader & Gun to open.

Y'all have fun.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
I could have killed one tonight. Just got home from putting in the last/biggest food plot, and getting some bulk corn.
Begged my boss to get off a couple of hours early to get the corn,
Man, that is some ugly corn. you can tell its drought stuff.

I was at the barn, putting up the equipment, when a couple of does walked right by the front door! Tractor was running, I was beating on a pin to get it out..........

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I still think deer can smell fletching glue and gunpowder from a mile off. They'll show up like that unless you have a bow or gun to take 'em out.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Carry a spear at all times

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Should of thrown the sledge hammer at um. ;D
Darn deer- dumb one moment smarter then anything the next. ??? ::) :mad: ??? ::) ::)

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
I think its typical. Not many people in this area, and unless they have had poachers after them, they don't really have a fear of humans. Driving down the road to the farm, there were four rooster pheasants, (young of the year) standing in the road getting a little gravel for their gullets. I drove right by them at a slow speed and they just looked at me.

Backed up, and got close. Got out of the truck and ran to them, scaring them back into the field.

Dummies like that are what the road hunters are after. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hope they flew into your field. That was kind of you showing them youngsters a lesson in life.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts